Salamanders 3k - Covenant of Fire

Blacksails

I'm putting together my planned purchases, and I figure 3k is about the largest I'd reasonably play.  So here's what I'm thinking of buying first;

Lord of War

Vulkan - /425pts

HQ

Centurion – Librarian Consul, ML1/95pts

Elites

Firedrake Squad (5) – 4x Dragonscale Stormshield, 5x Thunder Hammer, 1x Heavy Flamer, Spartan, Armoured Ceramite, Flare Shield/690pts

Mortis Contemptor Dreadnought – Two Multi-melta/155pts

Troops

Tactical Squad (10) – Rhino, Heavy Flamer/200pts

Tactical Squad (10) – Rhino, Heavy Flamer/200pts

Tactical Support Squad (5) – 4x Melta Gun, Rhino, Heavy Flamer/210pts

Tactical Support Squad (5) – 4x Melta Gun, Rhino, Heavy Flamer/210pts

Heavy Support

Sicaran Battle Tank – Hull Heavy Flamer, Lascannon Sponsons/175pts

Sicaran Battle Tank – Hull Heavy Flamer, Lascannon Sponsons/175pts

Whirlwind (2) – Hyperios Air Defense Missiles/150pts

The contemptors are both my anti-air and mobile anti-tank.  The RoW MC's their guns which makes them even more reliable.  Sicarans are all purpose, with their hull heavy bolter swapped for a S6 hull heavy flamer.  The whirlwinds are primarily anti-air, but can shoot at ground targets if needed.  Vulkan rides with the Drakes in the Spartan, and the Libby hangs out with one of the support squads and will roll on divination.

I think all my bases are pretty covered.  Though any armoured ceramite vehicles will give me issues.

I thought about it, but the Salamander RoW gives me MC'd Meltas, which is nice on the dreads and the support squads, as well as 5++ against meltas and a few other weapons on all the vehicles.  Finally, the RoW gives me move through cover, which almost on its own is nicer than the -1Ld tank shock.

The Firedrakes do look tasty on paper.  I'm excited to see what the models will look like.

Archived