Terra Will Fall - An ancient evil returns

GhostMalone

Jasp... you don't have my permission to leave.

I kind of feel like me and you, and others such as Lorenzen, Minx, Nemac, captainblow are part of the new Death Guard revolution - much like how Heinrich and Palak etc are driving the night lord's revival. I cant have a fellow Legion Centurion quit on me!

In all seriousness, I hope you have a change of mind. This hobby is about so much more than just the game; I follow your thread to see how your models progress and to be involved in the stories you tell. Perhaps, a small side project might suit until you are in the mood again for this force? I'm thinking something that can't or wont be used in game, for example, I'm sure there is a particular model or character from another force that you really like? Why not spend some time focusing on just this one model, painting and basing it to the best of your ability - even if it takes weeks, learning new skills on the way? Hell, you could even do a heresy chess set. The point I'm trying to make is, you are too good at this to just stop.

No retreat, no surrender

:)

Jasp... you don't have my permission to leave.

I kind of feel like me and you, and others such as Lorenzen, Minx, Nemac, captainblow are part of the new Death Guard revolution - much like how Heinrich and Palak etc are driving the night lord's revival. I cant have a fellow Legion Centurion quit on me!

In all seriousness, I hope you have a change of mind. This hobby is about so much more than just the game; I follow your thread to see how your models progress and to be involved in the stories you tell. Perhaps, a small side project might suit until you are in the mood again for this force? I'm thinking something that can't or wont be used in game, for example, I'm sure there is a particular model or character from another force that you really like? Why not spend some time focusing on just this one model, painting and basing it to the best of your ability - even if it takes weeks, learning new skills on the way? Hell, you could even do a heresy chess set. The point I'm trying to make is, you are too good at this to just stop.

No retreat, no surrender

smile.png

^ What he said!

Jasp- all I can say is censored.gif em. censored.gif em and let tzeentch grant a boon and mutate a sufficiently horrible australian beastie to drag their bodies and souls screaming into the outback.

I left the hobby competitively a long time ago- the local players were either netlisters, had poor attitudes about "meta" or were so arrogant as to deem any attempt at painting non-canon space marine chapters as worthless, and a waste of time and money. censored.gif em, I'm way happier now that I collect, assemble, convert and paint than I ever was playing this unbalanced crapshoot of a game. Don't let anyone tell you what you can and cant do with a hobby tool or paint brush.

This community is what it is, because there are people out there who actually give a crap about their hobby- and don't just build something because it's top of the food chain meta list building nonsense. We give character, creativity and a breath of life to everything we put our hands on. That sense of accomplishment you get when you finish something you've poured yourself into? That censored.gif eating grin that creeps across your face? That is something those people can never take away from you. Whatever happiness little turds like them feel? Ain't got nothing on what the B&C's got brother- I'm not telling you that you've gotta come back right now, tomorrow, next day or the next- cool down, read some comics and recharge.

I'm saying, when you do want to come back? We've all got your back brother.

It's not a matter of quitting it's a matter of putting my time money and fanaticism is better used elsewhere.

Until people start accepting that there's no difference between having 3 riptides in an army or one fire raptor I won't come back, I supported Forge world since the day I returned to this hobby and I'm tired of stigma and bullying that such an endeavour receives. It's all the same company it's just a higher level of hobby. And it's not just my local GW or my club or anyone it's the hobby as a whole.

They're are guys out their like Wade Kol Cormac Kage Heathens M2C heathens Noctus Ludovic Prime etc etc etc (it's a big list believe me) that show talent skill intellegence and a passion that I can feel a connection with as we all see what's happening and even though we argue it's intelligent arguments.

I don't have time for being called a troll or pay to win or anything like that.

I won't leave you completely I'll still pop in time to time & I'll even leave you with a parting gift of story and the last DG on my desk to bring this to a close.

I'm sorry to let everyone down again but it's time I took a long hard break from this and maybe one day I'll find like minded hobbiests to have a game with, but if you can't enjoy a hobby with mates having some laughs beers and having fun then why do it.... Ill thank Kosta & John for having games against me and thrashing me on a weekly basis but I can't keep playing counts as or other Dex rules when I'm building my list on 30k.

Give me death for the hobby or 30k being 100% official same with FW models and I want a physical PDF or statement that I can give them telling them to :cuss off or I'm out

Jasp, I understand your anger and frustration, but seriously, I think you need to take a step back and decide whether you want other people to drive your life or not.

I sincerely hope that you can find a different place to play, even at home if possible, but either way, don't let the actions of others determine what you do.

I haven't played a game in fourteen years. I quit for some of the same reasons you're citing - LGS Trolls in particular - but try as I might, I can't seem to give up the hobby and I really don't think you'll be able to either.

Quit crying, grow some balls, and get back in the game.

okay should be sleeping but have to join in on this, I would be sad to see you go, and i hope you change your mind, even if you take a break from playing maybe still paint a few models write some fluff, or maybe start a apoc force, all is fair in apoc games and who dosent want a few titans?

i know i dont play 30k but here there is a handful building and playing, you are welcome to come visit and ill introduce you to them all.

and if you got skype you should add me.

and like someone else said we need you, if you are not here who will comment on my thread?

Man, Jaspcat, there are a lot of other people who don't want you to quit. But you know, I can understand and support your position. The whole point of this hobby is to have fun. If there are aspects of the hobby in which you can no longer enjoy it, excise those aspects. I can not fault you for that, for deciding to stop doing something that you do for fun when you are no longer having fun.

Sure, the reason why might be other people, but unless you can play without them, or get them to shut the hell up, and from the sounds of it you can't, then it changes nothing.

Hell, it is the reason why I don't join in on this aspect of the hobby. I enjoy reading books, learning about this galaxy and its inhabitants. I don't enjoy spending that much cash for things that won't bring me greater enjoyment in owning them and playing with them, as the models and paint are to me. I don't enjoy being around the only 40k playing social group in my area, because they represent the unwashed, neck bearded worst of us nerds. I still remember when I went into the gaming store to buy a D&D large gridded map with a friend, who went straight for the manga section where she waited for me. The gaming going on stopped dead, conversations halted, and necks became rubber. Because a freaking girl was in the shop with them. The comic book store from The Big Bang Theory is my city's wargaming crowd, and that show is an unthinking parody of us. I have never gone into that store, whether it is just customers in there, or a Magic tournament, D&D session or 40k/etc wargame going on, and not had those types be the majority inside.

So I don't bother. I stick to what I enjoy and avoid what I won't. If that is what you are doing as well, then I got your back on it. Life is too short, and this is just a game.

i understand your reasons Jaspcat, and if you believe you need a time-out for a while to re-charge your hobby batteries, then do it.

just know that your presence will be greatly missed on these boards, but i'm glad you will pop in every now and then to say hello.

it's people like you that make me always eager to visit Bolter & Chainsword.

oh, and if you meet those censored.gif tards again, tell them to censored.gif their own censored.gif with a crowbar, from me.

PS: Part of the ship, part of the crew, brother.

Until people start accepting that there's no difference between having 3 riptides in an army or one fire raptor I won't come back...

Ah, but there is a difference...

3 riptides is far less fun. For everyone.

Anyway, I can totally understand why you're doing this. As much as people can say "Just don't play them!", it's clear that you do want to play with your models (and who can fault you for that, really?), so that's something fairly essential to your part of the hobby (as Cormac has mentioned).

So I'll tip one out for you the next time I'm at the bar.

It may even be an Aussie beer.

Maybe.

Not gonna act like I interacted with you on a regular basis, but I've been enjoying your work as I lurk on the Tale of 18 Hobbyists, and have agreed with/enjoyed reading your input on a bunch of other threads here. 

Here's hoping the change you seek happens soon. 

LG

Brother. I consider you a friend and staunch supporter, and I say this with no animosity at all I swear. 

Grow up  and :cussing ignore their big ol :cuss eating faces. If they can't get beyond their narrowmindedness that's their own loss. Fine you don't play anymore. Who gives a :cuss? Playing is only one aspect of the hobby, and in my opinion the least important. You have drive and dedication and that's worth a lot. Playing is overrated anyways. So get back in your goddamn armor and get in the goddamn droppod to Terra. I'll be waiting for you with a bolter in one hand and a gladius in another.

I'm thankfull for the support but I need to clarify one thing, it's the fact that my club that in the past 9 months I gave everything for helping with painting classes intro games scenery etc. going to these guys places meeting their wives seeing them many times every week and having them as close mates. Did not defend me and made a decision to ban FW from the club I feel ostracised and like my contributions mean nothing.

They're are no other clubs around so I'm limited to 2 aspects of a hobby that I want to learn building and painting so I'm making the choice to step down as I don't want to be half into a hobby

I'm thankfull for the support but I need to clarify one thing, it's the fact that my club that in the past 9 months I gave everything for helping with painting classes intro games scenery etc. going to these guys places meeting their wives seeing them many times every week and having them as close mates. Did not defend me and made a decision to ban FW from the club I feel ostracised and like my contributions mean nothing.

WHAT?! Jeez, now I get it. Ouch brother that hurts. So it goes deeper than just a couple of :cuss: heads giving you grief.

That is a damn shame honestly. I sincerely wish you good luck in finding a good gaming club that deserves your attention.

Future politicians right there. Take everything but give nothing back. They don't deserve what you have done for them.

Try not to lose it completely if you can. The odd model piece here and there. Purely for your own pleasure and enjoyment. Those ones you seen but never done because they don't fit your army or game system. Malifaux, Infinity, Batman, Kingdom Death and don't forget there's loads of larger size models out there too.

Do what you love for you.

That's BS, Show them your rage. All of it, Spread nurlges plague.

Invite them over for food and don't cook it properly and give them food poisoning. ;)

Subtle but rewarding.

Hope you find another club brother. And again, If you are ever up my way, message me and we can have a game. My sallies are taking the brunt of my time at the moment so it may not be long till i have a small army of them!

They're are no other clubs around so I'm limited to 2 aspects of a hobby that I want to learn building and painting so I'm making the choice to step down as I don't want to be half into a hobby

Oh hell no! That is beyond rude.  I'm not claiming to have a lot of patience and sympathy with people- but I'm sure even Buddha would be tempted to slap a :cuss if a move like that got pulled.  It sounds to me like they're a bunch of ungrateful sob's and that the club will devolve into a pit of vipers with you gone.  

Knowing this, I understand completely why youve made the decision you have. 

Another voice saying thats awful, your stuff is solid and your enthusiasm is always welcome brother, Im just glad ive never faced that bullcrap, fortunately theres enough options around here that I can just avoid the FW haters. Hoping you can find a middle path!

As an aside, both Darth Potato and I lack gaming groups entirely. We both do our Heresy armies just for our own edification. You should stick with it, spend the time you normally game with writing more fluff for your guys and exploring new techniques for converting.

When my group split up, I spent a lot of time perusing youtube and reading books about color theory and it really helped get my yellow down. Also, its a lot of fun to find a new technique not a lot of people use. A bit like finding a holy grail.

Archived