Terra Will Fall - An ancient evil returns

GhostMalone

Still, tasmania...guess it's better than becoming a kiwi!whistlingW.gif

HEY. WATCH IT, CUZ.

tongue.png

Having just been to Vancouver a few months ago, I have to say the place is pretty darn awesome (for living, not touristing). Finding a Games Workshop there was difficult though (not that I was trying all that hard).

Don't be too distraught bud. I, like heathens, haven't played a game in god knows how long, and when I tried, I figured out the store up and left due to bad business practices and humping the customer when he walked in.

If anything, I'm glad I stopped for a bit, it helps my hobby side a bit and I get to see all the great stuff on this forum.

If you decide to stay around, I promise I will start a thread on my world eaters... procrastinated already quite a bit :D but only if you stick around

Well I'm staying, just because my wonderful fiancé sees that it makes me happy, and If I stop gaming and going to the club I'll just have some extra free time for other activities.

So after work I'll unpack me box pick up clippers and get to work!

Look to Monday brothers

Jasp, just keep on truckin' and stay away from (as it was put) poisonous players (and you know them when you meet them). You'll be happier in the long run to play how you want and slowly convert others, even if you don't get a lot of games in at first.

Now, I'm glad I have never had depthcharge's encounter: I'd be seriously disturbed if a store person tried to hump me... :lol:

The humping thing is my local store, Michael Britain is the manager....

I walked past one night doing shipping didn't go in just walked past and he came out calling out to me to see if I was going to come in.

Very awkward when your carrying groceries back to your car.

So officially I just placed an order for 20 more mk3 marines. They will be the bases of my trial schemes for each legion from I to XX

Jasp, just keep on truckin' and stay away from (as it was put) poisonous players (and you know them when you meet them). You'll be happier in the long run to play how you want and slowly convert others, even if you don't get a lot of games in at first.

Now, I'm glad I have never had depthcharge's encounter: I'd be seriously disturbed if a store person tried to hump me... :lol:

We'll...it's figurative...sort of hahaha :P

The guy who worked at that GW honestly would follow people around telling them hey you should buy this, it would be great. Even after a no thanks multiple times. And it wasn't just one dude who worked there. But hey I won't jack jasp's thread

Stick around bud let's see if we can steal a few more people from 40k shall we? ;)

Looking forward to your interpretation on the Tenth and the Mechanicus. I'll be watching this even closer now ;)

Glad to hear you decided to stay. Also, any woman that supports her man's hobbies is the best kind! Especially those that buy their fellas FW :D

The humping thing is my local store, Michael Britain is the manager....

I walked past one night doing shipping didn't go in just walked past and he came out calling out to me to see if I was going to come in.

Very awkward when your carrying groceries back to your car.

So officially I just placed an order for 20 more mk3 marines. They will be the bases of my trial schemes for each legion from I to XX

Where do you get information on the legions that have been "expunged", like the II and XI?

I've lurked on this thread way more than I've ever posted. I'm glad you're staying in the hobby. 30k is really what inspired me to rebuild my stolen army I lost in 2009ish. Your's is one of a few threads that I find inspiring. Glad to have you back.

Might be a bit late with this, but it seems like you have a bullying problem at your LGS. Which is hilarious/stupid beyond reason, as we're all nerds deep down, and nerds of a feather should stick together.

Just remember, the kind of nerd that is so arrogant and discourteous as to tell you how to play is probably, on the inside, a bitter, miserable human being. If the only way someone can get their jollies is by instructing others on the correct way to play with their own toy soldiers, chances are that there's something :cussed up about their life, and to listen to such people is to invite the cancer that's eating them into your own heart.

Just because someone is a bullying piece of :cuss, you don't have to let it affect you. You can avoid them, ignore them or confront them about, it's your call. But don't let their weakness of character affect your love for a hobby.

Myself, I try to emphasise that this is a game we all play together (in one of its many facets), and that we, the hobbyists and gamers, are already labelled with a stigma by those on the outside. Put shortly, if we can't all be nice to each other, then what hope in hell does this hobby have?

If that doesn't work, and I had someone repeated harassing me like you've had, I'd tell them to :cuss off before I cracked em one. It takes a nasty piece of work of a person to persistently be an :cuss when you've turned the other cheek. Still, last resort, and all that.

Keep doing what you do mate. It's pretty obvious that you're beloved on here by your brothers, and I for one would be severely disappointed if I didn't get to read any more of your project logs :)

Well mate, seems the Emperor has heard your pleas. FW stuff are now official in WHW events. I know you have already changed your mind, now there is absolutely no reason to put down your brushes. ;)

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m3720191a_Warriors_Code_2014_V1.4.pdf

Archived