Adeptus Sororitas Conversions

Uberlord Gendo

The base model needs to look a lot less space elf, probably the best way to do this is to bulk it up a bit. She looks far too skinny next to those Guardsmen. DE models are a good base to start with I reckon, since you're going to have to play around to make them look more Sisterly you may as well start smaller and work you way up.

Cutting and filing down all spiky, blady and pointy bits goes a long way for despaceelfing it.

EDIT: Yes the tabard... There are dozens of tutorial for making them from GS. Even if you have never used GS a tabard is a good start. I'd file/grind the DE one down and use it as a base for a GS cloth one.

ah, I can see it better from this computer, so I guess the problem was on my end.

I'd say, forget a tabard, and go for a half-skirt. If you notice, many of the non-seraphim sister models actually have the 'tabard' go fully over one leg, more as a skirt with a slit on one side. Should you be able to make that (especially if it goes over the leg that's standing on the rock), and perhaps some sleeves, I reckon you'd have bulked her out enough.

I really like the pose, it's nice and fluid and natural, although I would have probably made her look the other way (the same direction the guardsman on our right is looking, but without actually turning any other part of the model). But overall very good looking!

The standard battle sister effectively has a full-length robe on that has two rows of buttons up the front in front of each leg that let them be opened up for freedom of movement. If the Sister stood still with her feet together, it would probably be indistinguishable from a regular skirt when buttoned.

I've posted this one before, though not recently. It's a conversion I made using a Dark Eldar female Kabalite as a base:

gallery_53134_7133_27031.png

gallery_53134_7133_162587.png

gallery_53134_7133_61404.png

Converted and painted as an early effort, so please be nice to it. The hair in particular is not so great, but I'm more or less satisfied with the rest of it.

here is my converted exorcist. eventually I will stop being lazy and paint the second one. Parts of the immolator, plates from the exorcist -back when you could still order individual bitz, some forgeworld resin badges and bits from the raven wing sprue 

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii275/Afrikprophet/100_0660.jpg

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii275/Afrikprophet/100_0661.jpg

Archived