Salamander successor chapter names

Erebos

I've come up with a few names for m chapter in the past couple months but none have really seemed right. The one big problem is getting the name to match my colour scheme (Which I have included a URL for Here) Thanks for anything you guys come up with.

spacemarine.jpg

It worked fine for me.

I see. A quick check reveals it'll work for IE but not Chrome. :rolleyes:

Anyhoo - I'd change that green knee to blue if I were you, Erebos, as it simply doesn't look right as it is. (That belt needs to be black, too.)

As for a name - Draken Guard, Brotherhood of the Flame or Marines Radiant spring immediately to mind.

What's the chapter's history? Ashen Warriors, Ice Dragons, Draken Guard, Brotherhood of the Flame or Marines Radiant all raise different expectations.

The paint scheme makes me think of Leviathans of the Astral Sea or Astral Leviathans for short.

Given the colors, you probably don't want to run with any fire-based names. Unless you adorned the armor with blue fire, which might look cool and add character.

But if not I'd go for one of the non-fire names listed above. Or perhaps develop a background for the chapter first, and then choose the name?

As for the chapter's history they were created in the 8th founding because of a rise of intelligent ork warbosses near their soon to be chapter planet, Helios. They appear to be gruff and unfriendly but will almost always choose defending civilians to full out assaulting their enemies. They have a special hatred for orks as they are responsible the majority of their fallen and killed their previous chapter master.

"Cleanse and burn" is something they take very seriously and before every battle submit themselves to ritual burning in the 'Portal of Flame'. (Not quite sure what that is yet but sounded cool)

Their chapter planet Helios is a minor forge world and is renown for its production of bolt rounds and has many dimantine mines. As it is a forge world not many of their aspirants come from Helios and the chapter recruits from the surrounding worlds which are mostly death worlds.

The forge is a well visited place in their fortress and many of the marines choose to reforge the weapons they used on their homeworld instead of creating new ones upon their entry to the chapter.

Oh and they think of most other Astartes as arrogant and respect normal humans.

Hi Erebos! I'm liking the early sounding of this Chapter a lot. In terms of other names, perhaps Midnight Drakes or similar may work to tie in with the armour and their Salamander heritage?

*dusts off my Liber Heraldry Department hat and puts in on with a flourish* I also took the liberty of remaking your colour scheme in the painter with a couple of minor tweaks, mostly taking away the vibrancy of the blue and black so it looks a bit more authentic, plus removing the blue form the abdomen as it didn't fit in well with the rest of the scheme. I added some weaponry too in the Wargear section:

gallery_26154_1503_25607.jpg

Hope that's okay Brother, looking forwards to seeing these guys develop further! :)

Cambrius

Archived