Escalation Expansion: What will this mean for the Sisters?

PureFodder

Probably the shivers, but we do have access to them via apoc rules anyway. I have one built just for my sisters I call the Flame Blade and use the rules for the nurgle plague reaper. Works just fine except I have it at 525 pts. Load out is front mount exorcist and TL hvy bolters, sponson twin linked multi meltas and hvy bolters, turret flame blade cannon and pintle storm bolter.

Usually not much, but we're not the only army that has a few question marks regarding this. Assuming of course that the rumours are true then we share similarities with the Space Marines in that we don't directly get Super Heavies (Thunderhawk aside and the few who own one). So does this mean we don't get one? More than likely it'd be "borrowing" a Baneblade if anything.

Going to go with "They won't reprint any datasheets, so we probably won't get anything new added... but we'll get access to what we already have".

So, Guard will get a ton, we won't get anything.

Probably the shivers, but we do have access to them via apoc rules anyway.

Problem is Apoc rules give you access to anything and everything - even a Stompa in your Sisters army if you want - but the same won't apply in this expansion most likely. So it'll certainly be interesting to see what, if anything, Sisters get. Then again I'm curious about what marines get as well - or rather if they get anything other than the Thunderhawk, what with the Thunderhawk being kind of a pain to haul around and fit onto a table, not to mention being much too expensive unless they do indeed release it in plastic. In general curious how they'll handle this. But I think in the end it won't matter much as local tournaments etc likely will ban the superheavies anyway.

Screw that my Inquistor is gonna requisition anything she pleases.....hopefully a warhound, Storm eagle, redeemer and something else big and scary....

Screw that my Inquistor is gonna requisition anything she pleases.....hopefully a warhound, Storm eagle, redeemer and something else big and scary....

I think this is the same direction I'm going.

I guess once she's begged the Ecclesiarchy for a retinue of Sisters, being able to march up to the Munitorium and say "Oi!" must be pretty relaxing.

We'll get what we've always got for super heavies: IG allies.

That assumes that the Super Heavy FOC slot can be filled from either primary or allied detachment, and not just the primary one. And I wouldn't bet on that being possible. I'd say it's almost certain that the allied FOC doesn't have a separate Super Heavy FOC slot, as to allow two Super Heavies to be fielded at once.

Hmm.

Given the precedence in Horus Heresy, it's possible we'll get Avengers as our Super Heavy FoC - in Massacre, they're a Lord of War choice for a Legiones Astartes army or a Fast Attack choice for an Ordo Reductor Remnants army.

Hmm.Given the precedence in Horus Heresy, it's possible we'll get Avengers as our Super Heavy FoC - in Massacre, they're a Lord of War choice for a Legiones Astartes army or a Fast Attack choice for an Ordo Reductor Remnants army.

A "super heavy" with 12/10/10? Yeah, that does sound like something they would do to us...

Hmm.Given the precedence in Horus Heresy, it's possible we'll get Avengers as our Super Heavy FoC - in Massacre, they're a Lord of War choice for a Legiones Astartes army or a Fast Attack choice for an Ordo Reductor Remnants army.

A "super heavy" with 12/10/10? Yeah, that does sound like something they would do to us...

If you mean the Avenger strike Fighter, it's already a heavy support choice for SoB.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived