Betrayer. Thoughts, queries, equestions. Spoilers, duh.

Well, according to the old Index Astartes articles Ferrus Manus spoke in Rob's favor when he and Dorn were screaming at one another debating the Codex Astartes.

So...another returning dead guy to look forward too. Because with Loken, Cyrene, Eidolon, and Torgaddon why not? I can't (gag) wait for Gabriel Santar, Legatus Orfeo, and Hastur Sejanus to save the day at the (retch, dry heave) Siege.

In the possibly not as blindingly bright as it could be far future, no important character ever dies.

Wait torgaddon isn't dead?

No, he is. But somewhere afterwards he was perverted into a daemon, which would be homage to that really old tidbit that our souls become daemons. Or a daemon took his name. One of the two. Anyway, he's casually listed in Know No Fear as Tormageddon.

Hell, for all I know, Erebus will tear Torgaddon's soul screaming from the warp, corrupt him, clad him in the flesh of a dead Astartes, all just to screw with Loken (who should have remained dead, grrrrrr.... )

Hell, for all I know, Erebus will tear Torgaddon's soul screaming from the warp, corrupt him, clad him in the flesh of a dead Astartes, all just to screw with Loken (who should have remained dead, grrrrrr.... )

I believe Betrayer implies that's exactly what happened, given that upon hearing about it from Erebus Argel Tal goes on his "You can bring back dead people? CYRENE! CYRENE! CYRENE!" to which Erebus replies "For you, my son, anything."

Probably while thinking "Sheesh, I tell an epic tale of betrayal and exploding suns, hordes of daemons reaving across Calth's surface, Guilliman's lap dogs butchered in droves, and the only you thing you can think about is a dead teenage girl."

I suppose? Do they reverse ageing? They must, as someone remarks on it near the end of TFS. So lets say she restores to the point where she was biologically upon death?

I dont know, I felt it was weird she came back at all until I saw ADB's explanation of her purpose.

But how does that occur. Plastic Surgery? superficial modifications, genetic changes?

And what constitutes their form at the moment of the reincarnation? Mental image? State at time of death? Would that include changes made to body, appearance or genetics?

And why am I being so fastidious about a topic I care so little about.?

When I imagine Rejuv treatments, I imagine a creepy lair full of mechanicus psychos, filling their victims....er... subjects with toxic chemicals that restore cell regeneration across the board. As the decades go on, the chemical buildup of repeat treatments give the subject a super-duper creepy porcelain doll appearance.

All in my head, of course.

When I imagine Rejuv treatments, I imagine a creepy lair full of mechanicus psychos, filling their victims....er... subjects with toxic chemicals that restore cell regeneration across the board. As the decades go on, the chemical buildup of repeat treatments give the subject a super-duper creepy porcelain doll appearance.

All in my head, of course.

That sounds....... Grimdark. B)

YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAWWW!

I'd imagine if we've already discovered the gene that causes aging now, in 30k they just replace it with a younger version or something a science major could explain better than I can. It would be awkward to go through puberty three or four times though.

I suppose? Do they reverse ageing? They must, as someone remarks on it near the end of TFS. So lets say she restores to the point where she was biologically upon death?

I dont know, I felt it was weird she came back at all until I saw ADB's explanation of her purpose.

what was that explanation?

what was that explanation?
"I AM BOWDEN, SON OF BOWDEN! EACH TIME YOU QUESTION ONE OF MY PLOTS I MOVE THE RELEASE DATE FOR "THE TALON OF HORUS" BACK ANOTHER MONTH! NOW, DO YOU WISH TO CONTINUE TO WHINE, OR TO SHOWER ME WITH THE APPROVAL THAT IS MY DUE?"

/not really what happened at all.

Archived