Sons of the Forge a DIY chapter

Cpt  Lazarus

So here's a test model for my new chapter. still working on the fluff. what I've got so far is an unknown founding chapter thought to be descended from the Salamanders chapter. Homeworld is Lugh III in the segmentum solar, though they only maintain a minimal presence there. and thats as far as i've gotten.

Cheers

SotF 1

SotF 2

i hear ya there, i don't have a proper pic box, the flash on my camera kinda washed it out. the bulk of the armour is painted shadow grey, with dark angels green on the chest and pauldrons. in person it's much darker

Ah! Yea when you describe it it sounds pretty awesome. What is the highlight on the shoulderpad?

Here's some better photo's. found some mail with nothing on the back. BAM! instant pic box
laugh.png
@chaplain_blacklord; it's merely some hawk turquoise on the rim. Haven't done any highlighting yet.
@Prefect Apollyon; be assured much more is coming once i settle on a final color scheme. :)

Sotf3

SotF4

Veteran Sgt M'kohl strode towards the fallen wall his squad was using as cover, eyeing the position with an experience borne of centuries of war. All was in readiness. HE chanced a quick glance over the parapet, guaging how far away the green skin mob was. "soon, Brothers. Very soon." 

'three weeks on this s#*t hole world' he thought. Three weeks fighting a delaying action while waiting for reinforcements from the Chapter. M'kohl was sick of falling back in the face of the enemy, wanting nothing more than to take the fight to them. But with only  a single Tacical squad and an attachment of biker scouts, he had little choice. the greenskins had proved far more numerous, and cunning, than anticipated. He had already lost one Brother and another had slipped into the Red Dream. the scouts had been decimated, only three of the original ten remained in fighting condition.

Everything had changed the evening before. a coded vox-transmission broke through the smoke clogged atmosphere, alerting him to imminant reinforcement. "Hold till the morning".  Easier said than done, M'kohl thought, glancing over the edge again. 200 meters, 175, 150. "Now Brothers! For the Emperor!" M'kohl swung his bolter up and began firing. The rest of the squad joined him Bolters banging through the smoke and dust. The Orks howled as the mass reactive rounds began to punch into them and knocked several down. some stayed down. the rest got back up and charged the gun line shoota's firing wildly. 

"Throne. these bastards are armoured" Aim for the head and legs!" M'kohl yelled into the vox. Too late, he thought a moment later. "Switch to CC weapons!" as he maglocked his bolter to his armour and unhitched his power-axe and pistol. out of the corner of his eye he saw a missle corkscrew out towards the orks, exploding in a satisfying burst of flame and flying limbs. the marine next to hin lurches backwards, the faceplate of his helm deformed. A rune on M'kohls visor blinks red, then quickly black.  He bangs off two quick shots from his plasma pistol and waited for the crunch of the orks hitting his line. As he swung his axe at the frist Ork he saw the distinctive contrails of thunderhawks and the firey trails of droppods burning through the sky. "It's about damned time they got here"...

Archived