Painting advice

Sviar

We are close to the LPC and I was thinking of entering a Hellhound (or a sentinell) with rust markings or rusty canisters. Does anyone have an easy rust recipe that looks good? While I'm at it, how about battle damage, showing bare metal amongst the paint.

By the way, am I alone with stacking up for the ETL III? And in other ways preparing by assemble a Chimera or two, but being careful not to give it an undercoat so it won't accidentally get paintedwhistlingW.gif

GW just released two paints to do rust and have a video on the website that explains how to use them. The effect seems pretty good and looks very simple to do. As for battle damage, try painting black on in the places you want to have the damage and then use a darker silver like Leadbelcher and follow up with Runefang Steel leaving the previous colour showing around the edges.

Hope this helps.

I have did a tutorial on battle damage a few years ago for my youtube Channel. I painted the front of a battle wagon.

Here's a link.

It is in 4 parts. I don't know if this will be any good as I used a lot of red. 

I haven't watched these in a long time I had no idea how bad they are.. Good of  a laugh though.

There are actually several ways to do rust, the ones above are but a few of them

The one i use is salt weathering: basicly you prime and then coat the entire vehicle with an orangy color with the possibility of several shades, i use a dark orangy brown with a lighter orange brown over it.

Let this dry and then apply salt by iether using water or hairspray after it beeing sprayed into the cap or a mug, apply iether the water or the hairspray on the places where you want the rust to show and sprinkle salt on it and then spray your chosen color or airbrush it over the "rust"coat

You can also apply it with a stipling brush or an old brush over your paint job, this can seem to artificial though

Another one i use is through the use of oilpaint and thinner , spray some purity seal first though before applying: sometimes using thinner and oilpaint will work directly on paint but its best to protect your paint job

Archived