Iron Hands 1500 army for review

WarPig

Hail, Brothers

After a 10 years break I'm starting a new crusade against the wicked xenos, the mutants and the heretics ;) .  Below, you will find my planned army roster and basic SOP.

HQ - Forge master (cataphractii, power fist, volkite charger, servo arm, cyber familiar, augury scanner) - 152

Elites - rapier laser battery (3xlaser destroyer) - 165

Troops - Tactical Squad (14 with additional chainswords) + apothecary (augury scanner) - 268

Tactical Squad (14, sergeant with power fist and artificer armour) + apothecary - 293

Fast Attack - Primaris-Lightning (lascannon, autocannon, sunfury missiles x 2, anti-armour missiles x 2 ) - 195

Primaris-Lightning (lascannon, autocannon, sunfury missiles x 2, anti-armour missiles x 2 ) - 195

Heavy Support - Predator Squadron (2 Predators with autocannon, heavy bolter sponsons and pintle-mounted heavy bolter - 230

Total - 1498

SOP - Troop together with HQ will focus on closing to the objectives, taking them and defending. Predators and rapiers will focus on eliminating anti-aircraft capabilities of my opponent (primary goal), than on supporting troops / anti-armour actions or covering avenues of approach to the objectives. Flayers will focus on anti-armour (primary goal) or anti infantry first (depending on tactical situation), than anti-aircraft actions (secondary objectives).

Strong points -   troops will have very good survivability to enemy shooting thanks to Inviolative armour and attached apoyhecary. They should also hold their own in assault, mainly due to additional chainswords, apothecary and large number of marines in the squads. Attached HQ will have a pretty good chance to support squads both in assault and in shooting.

Rapiers and Predators should provide enough firepower to stop most light and medium vehicles. MBTs may be harder to crack, however rapiers should still menage to do it. Main problem is correct fov and 36'' effective range. Both units will also provide decent ant-aircraft defense (due to high-dakka factor of predators and twin-link in rapiers). Predators should increase anti-horde capabilities, if remained stationary.

Flyers will have good air-to-air and excelent anti-armour/anti infantry capabilities. Their primary role is ground support (MBTs and infantry). I don't expect them to survive for very long, but they should allow me to seriously wound or even cripple my opponent in the round they arrive.

Weak points - Lack of  3rd troop squad prevents me from holding 3rd objective. When rapiers and flyers are gone, I'm (almost) out of anti-armour. Army is relatively slow and not very maneuverable; I will have to stick to a simple plan, concentrate my firepower on selected targets, soak the casualties and go on. Flayers are a git of gamble - if they do not arrive on time I will have problems holding against mechanized armies or hordes.

Who am I going to kill - mainly 40k opponents, usually with low number of fliers and limited AA capabilities.

Why this way - I'm a footslogger by nature and I like 30k better than 40k right now. I also prefer  utilizing combined arms and shooting my opponent to shreds instead of chopping him to bits. Moreover, I think this army is pretty Iron Hands themed. It also allows a good expansion of the list - like 3 to 5 castellax to support troops.

Anyway, your comments are appreciated.

WarPig

Archived