Playing Death Angel with my wife

Kilofix

Just a cool story bro post.

I got Death Angel the card game a little while ago. Well, my wife saw me playing the other day and wanted to join in, even though she isn't really the gamer type (whether tabletop, or electronic; and she hated LotR CCG).

Any way, after playing it the first time, she won't stop asking me to play. And she gets so into it that she'll hyper ventilate when trying to make dice rolls.

10 games so far and we haven't won yet. Even with Cali, Zael, Leon, and Lorenzo; we always end up dragging too many Stealers into the 4th stage and then run up against something like the Broodlords.

I'll have to see if she'll play Space Hulk PC (since it can be hot-seat co-op) with me sometime.

Hey, my wife loves this one too!  I'm not sure it's because of the game itself or more that it was the first co-op she played and I think it kind of blew her mind that we could play together rather than against each other.  I love the game--I actually have  a pretty decent win record with it, something like 5-2.  I have the Tyranid expansion but I'm terrified to try it out.

I got this for christmas last year and it's a good little game. I have yet to try it with the girlfriend, though, I'm glad your wife is into it!

Unsure about how you're losing so much, I have a similar track record to Eisenhorn, but maybe 9-3 or so.

One of the most important things is the support tokens, you should generally try to keep at least one of these on each guy, best bet is 2-3 on the important ones. If you can't kill a stealer with an action, then support. Unless you have to move someone useful out of the way.

Don't be afraid to sacrifice the storm bolter chumps if it means one of the better dudes will live.

Calistarius is possibly the strongest character, if I remember correctly he can block all damage, or psy-smite 3 stealers or something? Very powerful.

Archived