Scythes of the Emperor chapter master

Cornelias

Hi guys, i could do with a bit of advice, i modeled a chapter master for my Scythes of the Emperor army with a view to coming up with some unique chapter specific rules. I had converted him to carry a large scythe and wrist mounted aux grenade launchers, and as these seem to now not exist i'm now at a loss as to what i can do with these.

any suggestions? here is a pic of the model for you to peruse....

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa54/cornelias/SOTE/WP_20131128_006.jpg

still very WIP painting and it's taken with the flash on to pick the wrist weapons under the black undercoat.

Well the scythe should probably a power ax.

Maybe counts as having defensive grenades(isn't that a thing) when he charges. I think Typhus has a rule something like that.

Dunno, I think there's a strong case for it being a relic blade given he's the chapter master of the Scythes of the Emperor... I mean, it's perfect rules-wise (and is two-handed), and is actually a strong choice in game terms.

As for defensive grenades; I'd rather have the digi-weapons! Besides, using codex rules means not needing the okay from your opponent before every game. ;)

If you don't want to pay the points for Digi-Weapons, just say that they're short ranged krak grenade launchers on his right gauntlet, and frag launchers on his left. When you want to fire them, just use the rules for throwing grenades.

After all, a Space Marine Chapter Master shouldn't have to do anything as mundane as pulling a pin from a grenade and manually chucking it at his enemies! msn-wink.gif

I agree with Major_Gilbear about the scythe btw, a relic blade seems perfect rules-wise smile.png

I'm just going by other examples, such as the rule book in which halberds are considered axes.

I believe Typhus' manreaper is considered an ax.

And the manreapers in the HH rules are unwieldy as well.

Its a WYSIWYG thing really.

But the relic blade works, so long as you aren't playing "one o those guys".

yeah i'm hoping to come up with some unique rules for him, something a bit special rather than "counts as", my gaming group is pretty open about homegrown rules but i'd also like to use him when i can't use homegrown so the relic blade and digi weapons is a great shout guys.

for chapter traits i was thinking about giving scout squads hit and run (fitting for the history of the chapter) but limiting my army to no termie squads and no land raider and variants.

My first thought on clicking this thread was "This Chapter Master better have a Scythe!", glad I was not disappointed :lol:

I am a bit disappointed to learn that Aux. Grenade Launchers no longer exist though, I didn't realise this was the case. If you do make up some counts-as rules for him, you should definitely bring those back with a vengeance... Maybe let him shoot psyk-out or haywire grenades out of them too?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived