Need a tip or two...

Olis

So... we're doing a Bitz Box Secret Santa thing at my local club and I had the privilege of picking out a DA player from the hat. The gist of it is that, for Christmas, we knock up a model from our bitz boxes for our giftee.

What I'm asking you fine gentlemen here is: What sort of conversion/model would a DA player (probably) want? He's played Deathwing in the recent past and currently has a regular DA force with some Ravenwing mixed in. He owns a Belial to my knowledge but barring that I don't think he has any other special characters.

And, for the sake of argument, let's assume my bitz box is sizeable. msn-wink.gif

There are indeed plasma weapons in his army. Not massive amounts but it appears to be the special weapon of choice. smile.png

Brother dean, the picture suggestion has been noted. Digging the backpack idea. ;)

I've been thinking of making that libby for two editions now.  Now Libbys are even viable choices.  Maybe with the baskets off of the Black Coach, maybe with Mordenhiem Witchunters.  The new Dark Vengeance libby would be a good start now but I have one plain and one I have converted to be a bike libby so I wont be making one for myself.

Honestly, I'd love an Azrael conversion to look like the one on and in the codex.  I'd probably get over my dislike for Azrael and start fielding him more if his model wasn't so sad (compared to everything else).

Otherwise a terminator librarian or chaplin I feel are so great areas for conversions.

I have also been wanting to make that Librarian for a long, long time. :D

A TDA Interrogator Chaplain with the Mace of Redemption is a good face beater to compliment DW forces I've been lead to believe. Might be something to consider.

Vet (scout) Sarge Naaman in plastic

Sapphon Master of the Reclusium in Termi plate with the mace above. 

Corswain in Mk III plate and a honking big sword.

A company banner bearer or Brother Bethor with two or three magnetized banners for swapping Company/Chapter/Sacred standards

A gift of Combi bolters for a Co. Vets squad.

A pile of plasma pistols/guns to convert DV bikes into RW Knights with plasma talons.

You could never go wrong with a cool vet sgt termy, bike, or foot marine IMO. Or fine out if he has a company standard for said termies and if your good you could make one from green stuff. I made a how to video if that's the route u want to take.

Um...a bike librarian?  That requires the bitz box for sure, GW doesn't offer one.  A bike libby would allow a PFG to keep pace with 1-2 land raiders...as would a bike techmarine, another option.  Actually, a bike techmarine with a full servoharness would require EXTENSIVE bitz-box dumpster-diving, and would result in a less common model, to boot.

you said he has a belial, i assume the gw one. thats 1 out of 3 weapon choices, that leaves 2 more belials to go. unless he has magnetized the arms.

The GW Belial is horrible compared with the kitbash options for the SoS/SB loadout!!!!  But...if he has it, no sense making a better one, might as well do the TH/SS one (lightning claws are just plain awful in 6th, a LC Bels would only collect dust!)

Archived