3D Heresy Marines WIP

Hallar

I and a couple of artistic friends have got together to put some 3D models together to send off to GW. We are hoping to get permission to do some commercial work but in the meantime are just enjoying designing stuff

We would love some help from anyone in designing these marines properly. Please post pics of how they should look or even your own conversion, sketches, links etc.

Will post more pics as we progress

In the meantime here is a heavy bolter we did:

Gun

Upload

Everything we do is copyright GW currently with the intention of getting permission to use the IP - therefore not commercial as yet

These are just examples of work - quite closely based on Adrian Smith's concepts as I like heavy armour and marines that look like they can punch through walls

However how does everyone think these marines should look?

Dear god I love this already!

The marines are looking great, and ill buy a box full to make techmarines right now.

Unfortunatky you will never get permission to publish, though 3d art is still only covered as fair use, so you could have people use the models but you cannot profit from them. That covers barter too, unfortunately.

I'll try to log in tomorrow and follow the session, will it be mobile friendly? (android 2.2 or 4.2.x)

Dear god I love this already!

The marines are looking great, and ill buy a box full to make techmarines right now.

Unfortunatky you will never get permission to publish, though 3d art is still only covered as fair use, so you could have people use the models but you cannot profit from them. That covers barter too, unfortunately.

I'll try to log in tomorrow and follow the session, will it be mobile friendly? (android 2.2 or 4.2.x)

We are not intending to use GW property to produce more models but to produce a animated/live action series. We will never allow our designs to be used for 3D printing or anything of the sort unlss GW do it for themselves. Our aim is to produce quality artworks that will impress GW and persuade them to allow us to use the IP commercially for a series mentioned above yes.gif

A new image of a marine WIP. Please let me know your thoughts so far. This and other images and designs are available on facebook as well. (Please see link in signiture below)

Copyright Games Workshop
Created by Paul Hadcock, Caroline Bacon and David Sondered

Marine Update

Archived