Starting Advice! + Repressor Fire ports?

Denison512

Hey Gentleladies and Gentlemen!

I had my first game for Sisters tonight and i have to say i really really enjoyed it! :D

Annoys me that i've been putting off playing this army for so long (i had to proxy everything with SPEESH MAREENS but my opponent was cool about it)

Ah well such is life! we had a 1500 pt game against GK and i used the following army list

Saint Celestine

9 Battle Sister squad MM, melta, Combi Melta, Repressor, Priest

9 Battle Sister squad Heavy Flamer, flamer, Combi Flamer, Priest, Repressor

6 Seraphim 2 Hand Flamers

6 Seraphim 2 Hand Flamers

6 Dominion Squad 4 meltas Combi Melta Sicarum

6 Dominion Squad 4 meltas Combi Melta Sicarum ( yes i realize i had 4 FA but i literally had to do this in 5-10 mins whilst trying to find models to proxy so don't give me too much grief haha)

Exorcist

Exorcist

Things i noticed were:

- Celestine can't take much punishment that T3 is a killer :(

- Sisters can put out a LOT of firepower if placed correctly

- Seraphim are hideously powerful i will deffos be running two of these squads when i can

- Priests didn't make that much of a difference in combat and i probably won't use em again unless it was just because i was running up into all those power weapons

What advice could you guys give me? mainly on how you play them as i just drove forwards and jumped out just to see what did what really!

Also what angle can people fire out of repressor fire ports as the guy i was playing against insisted they had to be horizontal to the target they wished to fire at whilst i thought they had a 45 degree arc coming from the ports. Clarification would be appreciated :)

Side ports, 45 degrees, top hatch they can aim wherever they damn well please.

The GK power weapons will have basically invalidated your Priests, but against other armies it's more worth it.

The Dominions weren't footslogging, were they? They're super powerful, but you have to put them in the right place (I like to outflank in an immolator for this).

Dominions were in immos with MM i forgot to add those! they ended up being very powerful managed to eat through 2 strike squads in no time thanks to their acts of faith :D

And thanks for the info on the fire ports! that makes them a lot better otherwise you'd have to show your side everytime you wanted to use them.

About fire points.  It never really says in the rule other than line of sight and distance are drawn from the fire point on the model.  In any case, the arc of fire is coming from the side where the fire points are located so yes, you have to expose your side armor when positioning to fire with the transported troops.,

Archived