Audio book recommendations?

bjoluemblem

Hey guys, I'm looking at getting some audio books from the Horus Heresy and otherwise, and I'm not sure where to start. I'm caught up on the HH novels (up to Unremembered Empire) so I won't have spoilers anywhere ion that series. I've heard Garro's stories are good, "Garro" and "Army of One" I think. Any ideas?

I've only listened to Dead in the Water, but I enjoyed it a lot. Well worth the money if you like Cain - although his voice was different to what I imagined.

My recommendation, don't listen to them on shuffle msn-wink.gif

When I first imported the above CD into iTunes it didn't recognize it, and I didn't bother to rename it. So the tracks went into my library as 'Audio Track 1', and so on. I moved them all onto my iPod.

What I'd forgotten is that I'd also imported a free, promotional, terrible set of Christmas carols that iTunes hadn't recognized either. So mid-way through my painting I started to hear 'jingle bells' playing.

I've only listened to Dead in the Water, but I enjoyed it a lot. Well worth the money if you like Cain - although his voice was different to what I imagined.

My recommendation, don't listen to them on shuffle msn-wink.gif

When I first imported the above CD into iTunes it didn't recognize it, and I didn't bother to rename it. So the tracks went into my library as 'Audio Track 1', and so on. I moved them all onto my iPod.

What I'd forgotten is that I'd also imported a free, promotional, terrible set of Christmas carols that iTunes hadn't recognized either. So mid-way through my painting I started to hear 'jingle bells' playing.

I listened to 1k sons on shuffle and didn't realize it because i was so confused with all the names anyways

I made the mistake of looking at the CD and putting the track names in for Butcher's Nails, and then iTunes alphabetized the tracks. What was really bad was, on the same playlist was Champion of Khorne by Anthoney Reynolds, Perfection by Nick Kyme and then some rock music. Let;s just say that it was a confusing motorcycle ride.

The only 40k related audio book I have is the Deathwatch one called "Mission:Purge". It's a fair story, although the voice acting is...unusual; the Space Wolf character is a weird mix of Sean Connery and a Scandinavian! blink.png It's also where a certain Chapter are officially recognised as Ultramarine successors (despite the Space Wolf mocking the Chapter's name - Kettle calling pot black! laugh.png )

The only 40k related audio book I have is the Deathwatch one called "Mission:Purge". It's a fair story, although the voice acting is...unusual; the Space Wolf character is a weird mix of Sean Connery and a Scandinavian! blink.png It's also where a certain Chapter are officially recognised as Ultramarine successors (despite the Space Wolf mocking the Chapter's name - Kettle calling pot black! laugh.png )

So its like Hunt for Red October where the Scandinavian accent seems surprisingly Scottish right? :P

So its like Hunt for Red October where the Scandinavian accent seems surprisingly Scottish right? tongue.png

Oh yesh...I mean yes! laugh.png

Actually I keep coming back to Flight of the Eisenstein. That and A Thousand Sons are my personal favorite ones but a note of credit goes also to Descent of Angels and Fallen Angels... now those two were real masterpieces.

In terms of short audiobooks, Chosen of Khorne, Prince of Crows, Perfection, the Garro series, and truth be told all Battles of Space Marines novels are each on its own great, especially the newer ones which have a ton of special effects added to them. 

What can I say, from the timid start of Horus Rising, Black Library has learned how to to proper audiobooks and all are high quality material. The newer the better, but also the classics see me come back time and again, especially when I paint. 

Archived