Giarc Crusade

Giarc

Well I have never been confident enough to post my own painted minis anywhere. I have been gathering tips from friends on how to paint, starting out pretty basic. I never liked just straight up black on my models, they seemed a little blah. So, I primed them black, but then did a dry brush of abaddon black and dawnstone to come up with almost a chalkboard dark grey.

I hope this picture up load works as well, if it does, I will do some more close ups tonight. This is my 1st 10 man Crusader squad. I stripped these models, because this was the first bunch I painted about 10-15 years ago when I origanally started. I use to just whip them together so I could play. The shoulder pads would be different color of white, some templars would be gloss black, others would be flat black, the red crosses, would be gore red, and mechrite red. Nothing was consistent, and personally.... my army looked like it was all just bought off of e-bay from random people selling Black Templars.

Well, I am on a personal crusade to change that. I have right around 10k worth of Marines. I will start stripping them in 10 man squads, and re-painted them all until there are none left that look out of place.

crusader 1

I can think of no more honorable, nor worthwhile endeavor. Truly this is what BnC is all about and I think you will be glad you accepted this challenge.

As an aside in the event you like to plan like I do, around May, men in skirts, er, the Dark Angels will announce the E Tenebrae Lux painting challenge. It is a great exercise for providing motivation to paint your crusade.

We killed it the first year it was held and came in second last year. We are still conducting our Penance Crusade for our lack of faith.

Anyway, fun times are ahead and I look forward to seeing your Crusade progress.

Cheers,

Thanks Honda! It will be a lot of hard work. All together, I think I put in about 4 hours on these guys, going from stripping the paint, adding templar bits, shaving mould lines, re-primeing, and painting.

I used a new toy as well, an ultra sonic cleaner. Holy crap does that thing work. I put some Purple Stuff in there, and most of the paint can come off the model when you put it under water! For good measure I used a tooth brush as well. Some paint was still left on the model, but it didnt effect the out come much.

More pics to come!

Archived