Grey Hunter equipment question

steve!

In the codex it states that each marine comes with a Bolter, Bolt Pistol and CCW. Now what I was wondering is if these have to be strictly WYSIWYG.

My reasons for asking are my Space Wolves where originally going to be Carcharodons and are either carrying a Bolt Pistol and Chainsword or just a Bolter. I was not sure due to the Bolter, Bolt Pistol and CCW being the standard equipment for these models whether I had to have all three physically on the model or can I model them any way I like (Bolter, Bolter and CCW, Pistol and CCW) and still count them as having all three?

Sorry if this has been addressed before, kinda a newb.

No they don't, the default gear is given in the codex - you should not have to model these items showing all three - as long as they are geared with one or some of the default choices across each of your models, it is assumed they are all equipped with such items (or able to obtain them for use in every turn - ie on the floor etc). Now if you were to add a plasma gun or axe specifically as part of upgrades, yes, you would need to model this. Same goes for the likes of Plague Marines.

The GH boxset comes with both types of weapons (bolter/CCWs), so model what you like.

Has been asked before smile.png

Bro, here is my advice:

If you plan to play them as Grey Hunters ONLY, then give them a Bolter (CCW and BP are holstered).

If you plan to run them as Blood Claws and occasionally Grey Hunters, then give them CCW and BP.

The reason is that you can mix GH up but BC have no Bolters. Keep this in mind.

If you want to maintain WYSIWYG then you can always go bolter plus chain weapon, bolter plus bayonet, or bolter with scabbarded/holstered ccw (such as a combat blade) - all with holstered bolt pistol.

WYSIWYG is harder when you want to have the boltgun stowed. I think in that case, having it hang from a strap may work best (a boltgun sized holster is actually quite massive!!)

Remember also that WYSIWYG in basic equipment although desired is no longer mandatory.  So Grey Huntes with boltpistol/ccw and no bolters in the models are perfectly fine as long as you declare to your opponent what they represent to keep things clear . You have to show upgrade armament in the models though, like plasgma guns, power weapons and the like.

Archived