Sisters Wishlist!

Da Taz

Back in Nov. I started a wishlist for Sisters for the next codex.

I see the Sisters as a mostly Urban Army. That is where most of the places are that they protect. However, they do have Shrines or other holy places outside of City's! Since they are the enforcement arm of the Imperial Cult, which is the one of the main frames holding the worlds of Man together, their power base and control is so large! Since they are an urban force they work mostly forces that are also Urban. Which would be Arbites and Zealots. Along with the Guard. As this is my point of view of Sisters and taking a lot of peoples views here is what I can see that could be done with Sisters for the new codex:

1. Plastics

2. With Vehicles. Repressors as part of regular codex instead of forgeworld. Immo.'s to return to the "move 12" and Flame" rules as before. Maybe even up their armor to 12 on the front. Add a flyer, maybe the Advenger with a Sisters Pilot. Maybe give the Cannoness a choice of a landraider. Remember this is the church and they are all powerfull and the money pit is really deep!

3. Command. Give a lower ranked Leader like before. Give a Canoness high str, Int and WS. Let leaders have more items. Let the Canoness take a command squad or a Celes. squad. Give more real Sisters Leaders. Right now there is only one female sisters leader. Get rid of most of the rest and add more female leaders.

4. Elites.Give Celes. a Sarrais with +1 Attack and +1 Str. in CC. and Hate Everyone. Bring the engines and Seraphim up to Elites. With Engines drop the open top and since the Seraphim inspire everyone this is where they should be. Plus while the seraphim are jump troops, they are the only ones that do this that I know of. Don't sound like they are just regular jump troops to me. And with the engines, since they are not a real heavy choice this is where they belong. With those two changes of their rules more people will start using them.

5. Troops. Give all Sisters a bolter, bolt pistol and CCW. While they are not Space Marines, as combat troops they would carry them. Havn't meet a combat trooper yet that didn't carry at least a bayonet! If they carry a pistol they will carry a CCW to! Bring back Zealots under their old rules. Worked then, should work now. However, the old rules should at least be looked at and brought up to 6th ed. let them have opened top trucks. No armor or weapons. Bring back Arbites. Remember if the Church calls, they will come. Give them  say WS of 4, BS of 3 and Cap. Armor, with shotgun, laspistol and CCW. Maybe a shield. Keep points around 10 or even 9. Give them a blast or shock grenade. Not frag. Drop Repentia to Troops. They have never really fit into Elites. They are cannon fodder and will be used like cannon fodder.

6. Fast Attack. Sisters are not always in a city. They have Shrines and Churches all over. Maybe some type of Fast Attack buggy. Armed with either a Heavy Bolter, Flamer or Mulit-melta. With armor of say 8 to 10 on the front and sides. They would be the only ones on the Imperial side armed with them. Maybe a squadron of Immo. by themselves. 1 - 3 of them.

7. Heavy. Let sisters have a fire support from above. yep just like before. Just remember that the Church will command and all most all naval Officers like to stay alive and if the church takes a dislike to you, your life just got shorter! A lot shorter! Let the Exorcist have Flak Missiles. Let the sisters have a bunker buster tank. Give it a Melta Cannon with a range of 36" Str of 9 or 10 with bunker nuster. and armor of 14 on the front, 12 on the sides and 11 on the rear. Make it a kit that can build either an Exrocist or Immo.,  or this bunker buster tank.

AOF. bring back the roll of faith for each turn. That and let all of the sister units use all of the acts of faith, instead of just one. That way you have a choice and will have use them carefully.

I believe that this will go a long way to correct the problems sisters have right now. It would make them much more combat effective!

1. Plastics

A given.

2. With Vehicles. Repressors as part of regular codex instead of

forgeworld. Immo.'s to return to the "move 12" and Flame" rules as

before. Maybe even up their armor to 12 on the front.

Sure, why not.

Add a flyer, maybe the Advenger with a Sisters Pilot.

I'd prefer not, I like the fluff as it is.

Maybe give the Cannoness a choice of a landraider. Remember this is the

church and they are all powerfull and the money pit is really deep!

There is stuff money can't buy and I prefer if they got something new and unique rather than making them more like SM.

3. Command. Give a lower ranked Leader like before.

Agreed.

Give a Canoness high str, Int and WS.

I'd love for her to have 4 I, but as for the others no, thank you. I even think her WS should've been lowered to 4.

Let leaders have more items.

What do you mean by that ? More than one relic ?

Let the Canoness take a command squad or a Celes. squad.

She already can.

Give more real Sisters Leaders. Right now there is only one female

sisters leader. Get rid of most of the rest and add more female leaders.

There are already no non-Sister "leaders" bar Jacobus, but he's a Special Character. I say give them generic non-Sister option back.

4. Elites.Give Celes. a Sarrais with +1 Attack and +1 Str. in CC. and Hate Everyone.

That's a bit too much. Bayonets shouldn't deal more damage than say a chainsword. I'd say give them Preferred Enemy so that they're represent the elite of a shooty army while still having some (minimal) buff to melee and either give them a Storm Bolter or Bolter/BP/CCW combo as standard.

Bring the engines and Seraphim up to Elites. With Engines drop the open

top and since the Seraphim inspire everyone this is where they should

be. Plus while the seraphim are jump troops, they are the only ones that

do this that I know of. Don't sound like they are just regular jump

troops to me. And with the engines, since they are not a real heavy

choice this is where they belong. With those two changes of their rules

more people will start using them.

Ok on the Engines, no on the Seraphims.

5. Troops. Give all Sisters a bolter, bolt pistol and CCW. While they are not Space Marines, as combat troops they would carry

them. Havn't meet a combat trooper yet that didn't carry at least a

bayonet! If they carry a pistol they will carry a CCW to!

No. Just no.

Bring back Zealots under their old rules. Worked then, should work now.

However, the old rules should at least be looked at and brought up to

6th ed. let them have opened top trucks.

Yes.

No armor or weapons.

Bring back Arbites.

I don't know, I'd love to see the return of Codex Witch Hunters or the rise of Codex Ecclesiarchy, but the Arbitres...

Remember if the Church calls, they will come.

I don't think so.

Drop Repentia to Troops.

Maybe if you take a some sort of Mistress of Repentance HQ.

They have never really fit into Elites.

They do actually.

They are cannon fodder and will be used like cannon fodder.

No.

6. Fast Attack. Sisters are not always in a city. They have Shrines and

Churches all over. Maybe some type of Fast Attack buggy. Armed with

either a Heavy Bolter, Flamer or Mulit-melta. With armor of say 8 to 10

on the front and sides. They would be the only ones on the Imperial side

armed with them. Maybe a squadron of Immo. by themselves. 1 - 3 of

them.

Yeah, we discussed getting the buggy from Elysians a few times, not a bad idea. Even read some potential funny stories about it on /tg/

Just remember that the Church will command and all most all naval

Officers like to stay alive and if the church takes a dislike to you,

your life just got shorter! A lot shorter!

Not really. I guess you could say that some displeased Cardinal could send some fanatical assassins after you or have you excommunicated, but that's a quick way to attract attention from Ordo Hereticus.

Let the Exorcist have Flak Missiles.

That's tampering with ancient designs. I'd rather have them get a new unit.

Let the sisters have a bunker buster tank.

You mean the Immolator and Exorcist ?

AOF. bring back the roll of faith for each turn.

I'd prefer the WH point system. Or make it some every unit can attempt one AoF every turn, but make it hard to pass - it's a miracle after all.

That and let all of the sister units use all of the acts of faith, instead of just one.

Agreed, currently they seem too much like Grey Knights.

I think we already have the wish thread going, but what the heck. Anyway, the way I would handle AoFs would be, like I wrote above, make it so every unit can attempt one each turn, but make it hard. Say... roll 6d6 bellow the number of models in the unit (Sister blobs marching across the field of battle ? yay), with Martydom, Priest, HQ choices and so on lowering that by d6 each as long as they're part of the unit (Celestine could do this for all units on the table as long she is alive as one of her powers).

Wish-listing, eh?

Angelus Ark

13/11/10 Fast, Skimmer, Open-topped

Transport Capacity 12

Wargear

x2 Pintle-mounted heavy flamers, can be upgraded to multi-meltas

Amplified Pulpit

Amplified Pulpit - A platform where a preacher stands and delivers bombastic sermons, connected to a series of directional laudhailers. Confers a 5+ cover save, and denies enemy units Overwatch attacks within 6" of the hull.

Fast Attack choice for an Adepta Sororitas army, or a dedicated transport option for a Celestians squad.

Wish-listing, eh?

Angelus Ark

Transport Capacity 12

Wargear

Amplified Pulpit

Amplified Pulpit - A platform where a preacher stands and delivers bombastic sermons, connected to a series of directional laudhailers. Confers a 5+ cover save, and denies enemy units Overwatch attacks within 6" of the hull.

Fast Attack choice for an Adepta Sororitas army, or a dedicated transport option for a Celestians squad.

Shut up and take my money.  Also how many point is this model?

Wish-listing, eh?

Angelus Ark

Transport Capacity 12

Wargear

Amplified Pulpit

Shut up and take my money.  Also how many point is this model?

150 points, with the MM upgrade costing an additional 30 points. It's basically a cross between a DE Raider and a IG Chimaera that performs the role of a Storm Raven. Maybe make it a Heavy Support choice instead of Fast Attack so you would have to mix and match with Exorcists instead of having a super powered anti-tank army, and taking it as a Celestians transport would be a kind of tax to take both.

I guess. I don't know.

I don't play with fast skimmers so I didn't think of that. I'm just spit-balling here. I feel what we really lack is an assault transport and flyer, so I tried to imagine something to fill the role of both and keep with the Ecclesiarchy theme.

I have to say I was totally surprised when we didn't get any kind of built-in AA in the digital codex. Adding something to give a Retributer squad even a limited form of Skyfire would have been nice.

Speaking about Anti Air, I would like it if the Canoness Act of Faith was changed to the following:  Choose one special rule at the start of the shooting phase that you squad gains until the end of your shooting phase: Split Fire, Monster Hunter, Tank Hunter, Sky Fire.

That would be really good Sabathiel. But maybe extend that to the retrib superior also.

As for this topic, well, flyer for sisters, cc celestines and assault vehicle. Crap, I just heard an ECHO, ECho, echo....

Oh and make pentinent engines a fast attack.

Seems like only yesterday we last had this... I think we're best off concentrating on what we've got and look to the future closer to the time. At least there'd be more enthusiasm then, wishlisting outside of "credible" signs of an impending update just seems too negative to me mellow.png

That would be really good Sabathiel. But maybe extend that to the retrib superior also.

As for this topic, well, flyer for sisters, cc celestines and assault vehicle. Crap, I just heard an ECHO, ECho, echo....

Oh and make pentinent engines a fast attack.

I always thought pentient engines should be an elite choice and Repentia should become troops (and should get feel no pain).

Speaking about Anti Air, I would like it if the Canoness Act of Faith was changed to the following:  Choose one special rule at the start of the shooting phase that you squad gains until the end of your shooting phase: Split Fire, Monster Hunter, Tank Hunter, Sky Fire.

Doesn't seem very... AoFy. I'd like her to have an army buffing ability like Creed or GK Grand Master, but that really doesn't sound like an AoF.

Repentia should be Auxiliaries - not FoC reliant, just attached as an alternative to the Battle Conclave type thing. They certainly should not be Troops, because they don't fit into the Troops role - they don't hold ground.

Penitent Engines would fit into Elites then, maybe, but only because dreadnoughts do.

If you think of it as the different force org slots as being by role rather than by power (because the power comparison is blatantly innacurate), it makes sense.

Troops: Hold ground (objectives) and form the battle line.

Elites: Sweep the enemy out of the way for the Troops.

Fast Attack: Disrupt the enemy for the Elites to strike and overwhelm.

Heavy Support: Provide backup (support) to the Troops and Elites with their (heavy) equipment.

• 5 weeks later...

Ideas;

a Sister 'Questor' say 0-5, out side of FoC,
something along the lines of the Lone Wolves. Visions given to them by
the Emperor "Kill the X", "Recover the Relic", etc. to gain VP.

Can equip with say Infero pistol, combi-bolter, shotgun with bolt rounds
(18" bolter) flamer round (template) seeker rounds (+X to bs), power
weapon, storm shield, anti pskyer glaive etc. Looking back to the
Inquisition game Repentia.

Martyr 0-5 10pts.

Lasgun and a bomb vest

bomb vest is a IG satchel charge remove model on detonation, on a 5 or 6 if hit with a template.

Milta

lasgun or laspistol and ccw

fire bombs (frags with some sort of rule for anti vehicle)

Flamer

Satchel charge

Heavy Stubber

Deep Strike with no scatter, Sgt model conveys fearless?

One model is the leader/sgt/X-guard, if killed unit takes un modded
Leadership, if it fails unit is removed from board, terrain is now
booby trapped (no VP); if passed replace one model with Sgt model.

(I see these folks as civilians that live in the area and know the terrain,
hence the deepstrike. And the fade out is them fading back into the
woodwork if things start to look bad. The Sgt. is guy that everyone is looking up too, seems to know what to do, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

@De Taz

Saw someone on here state that the Emperor said no Land Raiders for anyone but Space Marines. If the Big E said it, I doubt the Sisters would do it (other than, you know, worship Him, but I don't like that He's a fedora-tier atheist now anyway).

Canoness being on par with other human HQs I can get behind (WS, I). No on Strength.

Why get rid of characters when you can actually add flavor to an army by getting more, especially an under-explored army like Sisters of Battle?

Why would a bayonet wielded by an un-enhanced human hit like a Space Marine's combat knife? Why would a model whose pilot is clearly pretty out in the open not be Open Topped?

Every Space Marine is canonically supposed to have a combat knife. And yeah, most troops are going to have a combat knife. The question is, do they have the training and experience necessary to use it in addition to their pistol to gain a second attack? It isn't so easy as it seems.

As said above, how are the Repentia going to hold an objective? If the unit is trash how it is, fix it. Don't muck it further up putting them where they won't be taken. I would instead make Repentia models you can add to a squad to give it some counterpunch or add bite to a unit, with a caveat that if you have 3 or more in a unit you need a Mistress to keep them in line so it doesn't distract from the Sister Superior's duties.

Penitent Engines in Fast Attack... perhaps if they moved like Cavalry where Walkers move as Infantry; if they fail a Dangerous Terrain test, they lose a Hull Point. Something to allow Hull Point loss from hits below a specific strength to be ignored on a roll of X+ to represent them peppering the Penitent and him/her not caring, maybe.

I'd rather see the Faith system totally revamped from what i hear it is now. But I don't have the Codex and don't have the time to look at it too much.

@Sabathiel: That seems more like an "I am a military commander and can boost my army in this way" (which I feel Games Workshop doesn't do enough of), rather than a miracle.

@Warrior Fish: I think wishlisting near a release date makes it pretty futile. The only practical point of wishlisting, really, is the remote hope that someone affiliated with Games Workshop takes a few notes for stuff that would be cool and does it, someday. Or to cause somebody to compile a bunch of ideas and create a fandex that people can use instead of whatever Games Workshop spits out.

Someone mentioned riding mounts and nobody has made a Space Wolf joke yet? I'm not sure if I should be impressed or disappointed... :P

Technically wish listing is always pointless Dominatus ;) There is always the small chance GW will take an idea perhaps, so you never know.

Someone mentioned riding mounts and nobody has made a Space Wolf joke yet? I'm not sure if I should be impressed or disappointed... tongue.png

Technically wish listing is always pointless Dominatus msn-wink.gif There is always the small chance GW will take an idea perhaps, so you never know.

Precisely why I suggested that saying it should be done close to a release is even more futile than usual. :P

Why would a model whose pilot is clearly pretty out in the open not be Open Topped?

You mean the Dreadknight? msn-wink.gif

Well, exceptions have always been made for models in power armor. But Penitent Engines were doing it before it was (totally un)cool). ;)

I still have not played a game with Penitent Engines in 6th. But I can see 3 PE following an Imperial Knight happening soon-ish :)

Since this is the wish list thread ... one thing the model looks like to me is the legs are uilt for bursts of speed.  It does not look too stable though.  I would like for it to have a 12" charge but it must be in a straight line sort of like a tank shock or ramming move. 

Archived