Inquisitor Solomon Lok & Hector Rex

DinoDoc

My question: Can Inquisitors Solomon Lok and Hector Rex be used as part of Codex Inquisition?

Forgeworld's response: Solomon Lok and Hector Rex can both be taken as Inquisitors in Codex: Inquisition.

Now I've got that settled (at least for myself) the real question, is do they bring anything useful to the table within the context of Codex Inquisition?

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/c/Characters.pdf

Despite having a "So-So" mandatory retinue, Lok is a steal at 80pts total. Give him a ride and he'd be decent at threatening enemy objectives. 

Rex is scoring. Hmm... I'll pack him along with some Gk termis and get back to you. 

I see rather no use for Hector Rex.  For the same cost, take a GKGM and make 1d3 units scoring, over his one.

T3 and no eternal Warrior.  That 3++ isn't going to keep him alive for ever.

Lok (while cheap as chips if you count the cost of his retinue) loses out that his Retinue is jank, and he's not a Divination Psyker.

Why bother taking him, as he's not going to buff a Squad, isn't really worth it on his own, and isn't worth it for his retinue.

Lok (while cheap as chips if you count the cost of his retinue) loses out that his Retinue is jank, and he's not a Divination Psyker.

Why bother taking him, as he's not going to buff a Squad, isn't really worth it on his own, and isn't worth it for his retinue.

The Anphelion Project is an awesome story and the idea of him leading an IG force is appealing on some level for me. The release of Codex Inquisition made the concept of an inquisitor leading an IG force more plausible (Battle Brothers and all) and Forgeworld's response to my curious inquiry was appreciated. Now it is only strategic considerations that give me pause.

I like it better when my fluff and game play meld together. IMO my Steel Rain list is another project where I take a stab at satisfying both needs. If all I wanted to do was play a story, Fantasy Flight offers many avenues for me to do that.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived