Strike Force Narvaez - a Marines Errant plog

Daemonifugue

Well, it's the start of a new year so I may as well start a new plog. With work on my Storm Lords and Viper Legion hitting a creative block I have decided to start my third marine army. Searching for inspiration led me to the updated forge world special characters rules and one individual stood out for me:- Lieutenant-Commander Anton Narvaez of the Marines Errant.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/C/Charcterupdate.pdf

A slightly under-powered Captain-equivalent plus a crusading fleet-based chapter which has suffered crippling damage at the hands of chaos should give me plenty to get my teeth into.

I am planning a 4000pt army based on Strike Force Narvaez, the complement of the Strike Cruiser "Star Jackal". There will be drop pods, storm talons, and a storm raven for deployment, plus Narvaez's D3 teleports. Only the tactical squads will be at full strength, with odd-numbered devestator, assault and veteran squads giving the impression of losses not being replaced. I will also be avoiding any TDA troops and ground vehicles. This will be a fully-airborne strike force.

My aim is to convert and paint 3500pts of Marines and 500pts of Rogue Trader House of Ecale allies (imperial guard / inquisition counts-as) by the end of 2014.

To start with here are Lt. Cdr Narvaez and Chaplain Itkovian (Internet cookie if you tell me where his name comes from):

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/120069-lt-com-narvaez-and-chaplain-itkovian/

I do like the ME happy.png Were it not for me being terrible at painting split colour schemes, and their symbol, they would have been my main army.

Thanks all for the kind comments.

Somehow I don't think my efforts will match up to yours MagicMan!

To whet the appetite:

Lt Com Narvaez :

gallery_65393_9169_48510.jpg

Chaplain Itkovian:

gallery_65393_9169_18221.jpg

Techmarine Brukhalion:

gallery_65393_9169_6167.jpg

Epistolary Adaephon:

gallery_65393_9169_27511.jpg

(All images reversed due to using webcam)

• 2 weeks later...

It's so cool that I found this today because a couple hours ago I was reading about the Marines Errant and thinking about how fun it would be to make a list and use Codex: Inquisition to represent some House Ecale allies. I've got about 30 or so Space Marines that are unpainted and in various states of assembly so I might paint some up just for kicks. Any idea what the House Ecale insignia looks like though? I've only ever seen it in IA9 and it's at an angle where only part of it is visible.

(Internet cookie if you tell me where his name comes from)

The Malazan book series.  I'll take my cookie now. White chocolate macademia nut if you have it.

I like that you used the 8th company captain backpack on the chaplain, it fits.  Any chance of a side shot of his crozius? It looks interesting.

Good kitbashes for all your models so far! 

Thanks all for the kind comments.

Somehow I don't think my efforts will match up to yours MagicMan!

No way man, look how awesome your conversions are! Really looking forward to watching this army grow. :)

• 1 month later...

Archived