Sons of Horus 2500 attempt

hallodx

Hi guys, I just launched a thread how I should be noted to start a HH army and now I think I'm ready.

But before I actually buy anything, I want to make sure my list is not too bad: We have NO HH player so far and I must make the list ready to face normal 40k lists as well. I am not addicted to winning all the time or power gaming, but at least I want every game a good game.

Anyway, here's my list:

***illegal list deleted***

Lord of War:

Horus –500

RoW: Orbital Assault

HQ:

Centurion Librarian 85

Centurion Librarian 85

Troop:

Legion Tactical Squad (10) --185

Drop pad

Legion Tactical Squad (10) --185

Drop pad

Legion Tactical Support Squad (8) w/Melta gun(7) --285

Drop pad

Legion Tactical Support Squad (8) w/Melta gun(7) --285

Drop pad

Legion Tactical Support Squad (9) w/flamer(8) --185

Drop pad

Elite:

Terminator Squad (10) --425

Power ax(6) +Power Fist(2) + Chain Fist(2) + combi-melta(10)

Fast:

-Storm Eagle –265

TLLC + MM

Basic pattern is, soften enemy line with support squads first. If my opponent hides something killy in reserve, drop normal tactical instead. Horus and termies will arrive at turn two or three depending on how reserve-heavy enemy army is.

Storm Eagle will provide air fire support and tactical transport if required. Say one the the support squad just terminated their target, but there are more to cope with but too far away, Storm Eagle will be there for them. Also forge master and tech marine will mount Storm Eagle to fix it. If it's destroyed, there must be something wrong with my tactic or dice.

I want to copy the Victory of Ullanor Crusade with this list.

Side goodness is, I only have to buy Horus when released, 2 tactical squad bundle, some special weapon packs, termies, weapons, and storm eagle(can be used in 40k). Rest are there already.

Your point costs in your troops section are majorly wrong.  Those melta support squads are 345 points, not 290, those tactical squads are 185 points and not 205.  The flamer support squad is correct, points-wise, and everything else looks to be in order, but you're still 110 points over - 40 from your own accounting, plus the 70 point difference between what you thought your squads cost and what they actually cost.

kitwulfen>>

You are right, I added and removed something from tactical but forgot to correct the points!

Also I thought  tactical support was 10 for each melta...bad habit from C:SM...

Anyway, I dropped 1 support marine from each melta squad, and the point cost decrease dramatically, and so here's the modified list:

Lord of War:

Horus –500

RoW: Orbital Assault

HQ:

Centurion Librarian 85

Centurion Librarian 85

Troop:

Legion Tactical Squad (10) --185

Drop pad

Legion Tactical Squad (10) --185

Drop pad

Legion Tactical Support Squad (8) w/Melta gun(7) --285

Drop pad

Legion Tactical Support Squad (8) w/Melta gun(7) --285

Drop pad

Legion Tactical Support Squad (9) w/flamer(8) --185

Drop pad

Elite:

Terminator Squad (10) --425

Power ax(6) +Power Fist(2) + Chain Fist(2) + combi-melta(10)

Fast:

-Storm Eagle –265

TLLC + MM Armor

Libbies will join each support squad, let them reroll to-hit, and if they were close to their target enough, they don't need to get down to shoot (Legion DP is awesome...I can even move my men in it again...) so I guess they should output enough damage before destroyed.

Wolf Lord Mjolnir>>

I think it's a good idea if I have some points left . Drop them beside a CC chicken, furious charge next turn? yes please!

So what's your suggestion to drop for this upgrade?

Librarian costs are still wrong, your flamer support squad cost is now wrong.

I understand your enthusiasm to get rolling on the SoH army you talked about, but it was clear in the other thread and it's clear here that you don't have the books or just aren't reading them.  How can you evaluate the merits of any suggestion when you don't even have the rulebook to look up the units and loadouts we might suggest to you?

The one I'm reading belongs to my friend tho, and I can't being them to office.

Libby is extra 25 points, so 75 each.

flamer support 100 base, 3 extra so add 45, with DP so 180 not 185.

25 points spared tho...

Librarians don't come with any mastery levels.  You have to purchase them, up to three levels.

Librarians are Centurion Price+25+cost of mastery level.  There is no configuration that produces a Librarian for 85 points.

There is literally no way to get a Librarian for 85 points, much less 75.  Their base cost is higher than that.  You MUST purchase mastery level(s)
which are not included in those 25 points.

um...missed that. A libby with no ML by default lol

so four melta bombs per level, libby...kindda expensive :-| 

all right, one libby only.

I know I made some jokes here, but please forgive me since none of our friends actually play HH yet, I'm sure I missed a lot of things. So thank you for pointing them out, really.

Archived