Narmenian armoured

Vor

Hey guys

Decided I'm going to start a new army, though in reality I have the majority of the models already as part of my standard IG army. To begin with all I'll need is another three tanks. Later on I'll add some forgeworld models, but that's beside the point.

The army I'm considering basing it off is the Narmenian's under General Grizmund from Gaunt's Ghosts. Now, I understand their colouring is sort of a mustard drab? Looks fine enough, but I'm considering doing them in an urban style.

Is this mustard drab icon? Or can I get away with switching their scheme.

Also, anyone got any experience of the armoured company lists under 6th? I know Forgeworld updated them about a year ago.

I'm also slightly concerned by the fact a new Guard dex is nearly upon us and that they'll drastically change things enough for the Forgeworld book to be unplayable. Likely?

I'm afraid I'm unfamiliar with the Gaunt's Ghosts books for the most part, but I can say that Regiments can and will change their scheme for different planets/regions/etc. They're not Space Marines, unless somewhere in the books it says "and the Narmenians never ever, ever change their colour scheme. Even, like, when it's really cold or hot or even as far as to never wash their uniforms or wear them outside in case they lose their colour". If that is the case, then I'd recommend not doing your own scheme tongue.png

As for the FW books they are separate entities to the Guard codex so aren't directly affected. If they are, for example linking to a unit entry that no longer exists, then you can safely expect the nice chaps at FW to release an FAQ to correct the latest books smile.png

the armoured battalion list is a stand alone army list with only references to the book itself. therefor it will still be playable even if GW decided to make codex imperial guard about pink elephants and bunnies, riding on dinosaurs...

a good description of the content can actually be found on the forgeworld website. As an armoured battalion player myself i must admit though that for my more comptitive lists i actually use the armoured battalion as allies for my normal imperial guard. mostly due to the fast that with normal imperial guard it's easier to deny slay the warlord (since in the armoured battalion that would be my -high target priority- vanquisher, whereas in the imperial guard army it can be a commander,hiding out in a bunker/ruins/offboard in reserves)

all in all it's a really cool list, with a lot of nice options!

Archived