Contemptor loadout

Uprising

I am currently looking at getting my first Contemptor for my pre heresy death guard.  I plan on magnetizing it, but I am wondering which load out is the best to start out with?  i was thinking dual Kheres Assault cannons, and havoc launcher.  Thoughts, and thanks for reading.  

currently i'm looking to make two contemptor talons, one long range with one with Twin-lascannons and havoc launcher, and the other with conversion beamer, havoc launcher and dccw with Heavy flamer.

the other will be more infantry support with havoc launchers, plasma cannon/kheres assault cannon and dccw.

I am partial to the Conversion Beamer, but that is just because I try to have as many 30k only weapons in my Heresy Army.

I love all the esoteric ray guns(volkites especially) that are available in 30k, it just helps to distinguish it from 40k even more.

I love the Contemptor in idea just not in game-reality.  Too expensive outside the dual lascannon mortis verion.

Regular dreadnought talons with dual ccw/graviton guns...hmmm 155pts of short ranged anti armour and tarpitting.

3 of them quite happily stop that spartan and them stomp the terminators inside. You know the ones everyone seems to take....so long as the dreads can get close enough. (they are fragile to mass S6 which is quite common in legion lists)   It's why I'm aiming for 6 of them in one list

Guest Azrael275

In my army I use 3 contemptors with the following load outs:

2x Kheres Assault Cannons

Heavy Bolter and Dreadnought CCW

Lascannon and Dreadnought CCW

They all work pretty well for me

Night Lords ?  Check Massacre - dual pointy finger claw setup, or claw with HB and havoc launcher are two that are have history.  Fist or slow mortar style weaponry might seem a little out of sync with any sort of fast attack approach in my view, and I'd see something like Kheres or Beamer interesting choices.

Kheres/Claw, Dual Kheres, Dual Claw with Plasma Blasters for Night Lords, a Havoc Launcher here and there.

Overall Conversion Beamers look great, but otherwise are a waste of points. Same thing with Heavy Bolters. On the other hand the Contemptor seems like the one thing that could make proper use of Graviton Guns - Dual CCW with GG.

I do love Graviton guns on mine, superb tank killers, especially against Darn Spartans! 

Can a graviton gun even hit a vehicle? It doesn't have S value and vehicles do not have T...

30k era Graviton weapons have haywire.

Archived