Ok, so the difficult way out wasn't much better in the end.

Liquid Greenstuff is useful stuff, and the gap in the chainsword is at least closed up. It's not 100% perfect, but not bad for my first attempt at using the stuff.

-=-= Bigger news - my 1st ETL Vow is COMPLETED! =-=-

gallery_46204_9220_1122205.jpg

Venerable Brother McStompicus, sporting his Multi-Melta and Dreadnought Punchy Fist, in all his stompy glory.

gallery_46204_9220_810342.jpg

Next up:

gallery_46204_9220_917595.jpg

Captain Rollins, with Artificer Armour, the Teeth of Terra Razor of Talhon, Jump Pack and Storm Shield.

gallery_46204_9220_647363.jpg

gallery_46204_9220_1263282.jpg

And finally Captain Anaximander, with his Artificer Armour twin Lightning Claws Power Katars and Jump Pack.

gallery_46204_9220_1203071.jpg

gallery_46204_9220_586833.jpg

gallery_46204_9220_390345.jpg

I'm very happy with Anaximander. He might be my new favourite model, actually.

I also just spotted some spillover on the jetpacks' front exhausts that needs fixing, but by the time you read this they'll be fixed.turned.gif

All comments, thoughts, criticism, mockery, sarcasm, outright disgust, random ideas or other thoughts welcome.laugh.png

Wow.. Power Katars. woot.gif

Brilliant!

Sweet, those are awesome. Congrats on completing your vow.

Many thanks, brothers.thumbsup.gif

I'm beginning to realise just how useful plasticard is - there's definitely plenty of fun to be had with the stuff! turned.gif

Cheers, Demus and SP. thumbsup.gif

SP, I had a lot of free time just recently. Also I was only painting three guys, so no wonder I finished first! turned.gif

Seriously, don't worry about your pacing. Every stroke of the brush brings you and your Chapter closer to success and honour. It doesn't matter if it takes a day or a month.

My next vow might take a little while to prepare - My bits box turned out to be less well-supplied than I'd like.sweat.gif

I like the power Katars. Very cool and a nice touch. Congrats on completing your vow.

Cheers, mon ami. happy.png

No rest for the wicked though:

I, Acemund Debonair of the Liber Astartes (Heraldry Dept) will answer the call of E Tenebrae Lux in the name of the Liber Index Astartes Forum, and vow to complete:

a] One Terminator Squad comprised of five men, armed with one Cyclone Missile Launcher (and a ton of other sweet gear that I can't legally claim the points for tongue.png )

For a total of 225 points

On or before August 1st. Success will bring Eternal Glory to the White Hawks and the Circle of Iron; failure will condemn me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year's end and is therefore not an option.

Here's my squad in all it's exploded glory:

gallery_46204_9220_1578448.jpg

And since it's a sunny day in England (the starts must have aligned or something tongue.png ) I'm off to make a start on this vow.biggrin.png

Feeling pretty motivated, time to get my paint on. happy.png

There's two more with stormbolters and chainfists already completed, too.

This'll only leave me with the two Heavy Flamers and the Plasma Cannon to put together. laugh.png

I also just sliced my finger good with the blasted hobby knife, so I think that's a good place to leave the painting alone for now. laugh.png

So that means up to now I've basecoated one set of legs and a hat.

Not quite the flying start I was hoping for!sweat.gif

Nice to see you getting behind the ETL Ace.

In the case of the terminators, I've had most of these bits for about five years. sweat.gif

I honestly don't know why I never painted them before now, but I'm sort of glad I hadn't, since adding a few leftovers from the Deathwing box (which I've only had for one year laugh.png ) ought to give them some extra personality.

Also I'm representing the Liber (even if I can't pledge my vow to it) and figured I ought to go all out. turned.gif

You go Ace. Good to see the White Hawks growing.

Thanks, SP.

Hopefully these turn out as well as my last terminators did!

EDIT:

Now all I have to do is avoid cutting my finger open again, and I might get some painting done today! teehee.gif

Not many reping for the Liber. Should have your own section msn-wink.gif

I'd agree, but I don't mind us being Hired Brushes for other factions.

This ETL is the edition of the Rogue Painter! teehee.gif

Why...? We are everywhere.... Kinda like the Alpha Legion, only actually awesome... sweat.gif

Shhhh SP, you're going to give our secret plan away! ermm.gif

Er, the secret plan to, uh, paint stuff for everyone. Yeah. That plan. whistlingW.gif

Why...? We are everywhere.... Kinda like the Alpha Legion, only actually awesome... sweat.gif

And people know who some of you are too msn-wink.gif

People know what we want them to know.

Sometimes the best way to blend in is to stand out. msn-wink.gif

I'm looking forward to seeing those termies, Ace. I am painting for the Liber as well, but due to my use of the Space Wolf Codex I have to actually vow for the Wolves. Ace, only cut the grey stuff not the soft fleshy stuff. whistlingW.gif

Hey, just because I thought I saw a mould line...tongue.png

My hobby OCD and paranoia are a nasty, nasty combination.

Not much of an update today - I had a visit from some family of mine, which is always good.

I did however manage to paint the first blue bit on one terminator - a power fist has been basecoated! laugh.png

That's maybe 0.5% of my vow accomplished today!

Good stuff Ace! thumbsup.gif Whilst I'm with the Chaos Faction this year, I'm still with the Liber msn-wink.gif Edit: (Blasted scrapcode dry.png )

• 3 weeks later...

*Dusts off thread*

Behold - PROGRESS devil.gif

gallery_46204_9220_364820.jpg

gallery_46204_9220_169827.jpg

I've still got a lot left to do, of course, but at least I finally trimmed all the mould lines without hacking chunks out of my fingers. teehee.gif

Next step is what I've nicknamed 'damage control', which is shorthand for 'fix all the mistakes and try not to make more new ones in the process'. sweat.gif

I've had a busy few weeks, and there's a few more on the horizon, but now I'm past all the mould lines my motivation is climbing back up, so hopefully I can sneak some painting in here and there.

Hey just browsing through the back pages of the w.i.p forum and I found I missed an update of yours. Stupid moving house...

Looking good Brother. Must admit your termies are making me reconsider my army list to include some of the bad boys. But for now I still have the majority of my vow to paint. And vow 2 is already planned out too.

Oh and GO LIBER!!!!!

Hey just browsing through the back pages of the w.i.p forum and I found I missed an update of yours. Stupid moving house...

Looking good Brother. Must admit your termies are making me reconsider my army list to include some of the bad boys. But for now I still have the majority of my vow to paint. And vow 2 is already planned out too.

Oh and GO LIBER!!!!!

No worries.

To be fair, it's not like I've been getting much regular work done! sweat.gif

Terminators - well, I can't say anything for how they work in games of 40k, but the models are freakin' cool!happy.png

Congrats on the 1st Vow .I'am painting my first ever white armoured Marines and first time doing them in pieces.

This guy gets it!biggrin.png

White armour is the coolest armour. (In my totally unbiased and completely neutral opinion, anyway)

Best of luck with it, Deathspecter old chap, if there's anything I can help with, let me know.turned.gif

Keep on chugging Ace. I'm looking forward to seeing these finished. I like the contrast between the white and the darker colors. Also good to know you aren't hacking on anymore fleshy bits.

*** I was looking not longing. cool.png ***

I really want to get these guys finished, but my immediate future is being swallowed up with training courses and sundry other responsibilities.pinch.gif

Also I keep finding more mould lines.wallbash.gif

There's nothing worse than getting to the point of applying washes only to spot a mould line you missed!

Archived