A Tale of Texas Gamers: The Hobby Thread

NovemberIX

I'll be free after this weekend (though I will stop by the store for its bday) and I'll bring that list back out (mostly, I may change one or two things), I think it's got some serious potential, and if dies again then I'm bringing out the Achilles ;)

Ok, Jefe is a green light and I'm a blinking green.

We'll see who shows up, but the scenario options are:

1. Carnage - Four players, 1000 points each, start in your quarter, player with the unit closest to the "single" objective wins. Pretty hilarious scenario and been a favorite of mine since it first showed up in WD a very long time ago.

2. Assuming four people show up, run a 2 vs. 2 game, points between 1000 and 1500.

The objective in each scenario is to shake hands, roll dice, and giggle.

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, everybody bring a 1000 and a 1500 point list. We'll see who makes it and plan accordingly.

Plan A: Four people show up, play Carnage scenario with 1000 points

Plan B: Something else :D

Sounds good, I'm ready for about whatever, in fact...

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag67/NovemberIX/85fe37a5765fe1b2841084de48b896be_zps5ec125d0.jpg

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag67/NovemberIX/35b288ba2da15dc996a130d9be07dc18_zps44a1b70c.jpg

I needed another sergeant to hit the right points ;)

Are all of you on the Houston 40k Facebook group? We have a huge community there that coordinates all the Houston tournaments and meet-ups to game at places like Asgard's and the GW stores (by the way, Coles Crossing is closing).

I shoulda figured there would be a Facebook group, but no I've not joined it yet. I did get the bad news about Coles crossing from their fb page, I think that leaves two stores left now, Westheimer and Cinco Ranch (but that's more a discussion for another thread)

I think may 26 or 27, I'm gonna be willing to bet its that corporate doesn't wanna pay the raised lease rate and that's why they shut down, they did it in sugarland, they did it to copperfield, it's probably gonna happen to royal oaks off Westheimer sooner rather than later. Scuttlebutt is that first colony will reopen once royal oaks closes. Who knows about cinco's future.

Part of me wants to go say "hey I have a shopping center, I'll give ya'll good rates but you have to sign a 10 years lease" or some such. I doubt they'd make that sort of commitment though.

Btw, my buddy Rodrigo may join us, I'm bringing an extra 1k list for him. In all I'll have 2500 points on hand in case we decide to lose our damn minds :)

Very minor quick update:

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag67/NovemberIX/51fa1ad167d16f575069730e5418302f_zps4b06b4e7.jpg

This was the final shot of the game, in all it was massive fun, big ups to GW Coles Crossing for hosting us on their awesome board, never thought I'd get the chance to run around on the FW boards, and now that I have I gotta say it was great. Special thanks to Honda and Jefe (you think I woulda remembered you screen name by now, sorry!) for being great opponents and generally hilarious. There was laughing, there was dancing, a tear was shed when my Achilles blew up, it was for all intents and purposes a good time, the battle report will be forth coming, though like I warned them, it'll be full of pictures, light on the content, and heavy on the snark!

So I wanted to make a point of mentioning the battle report from my end is on hold until I either get some bandwidth, or get another picture hosting provider that doesn't choke on a 78 picture upload...

Archived