BELLUM AETERNUS: ARTISAN'S GAMBIT

The Shadow Guard

Not a whole lot of time left but I couldn't resist joining in,

It probably won't be a very elaborate freehand, but I intend to add a tactical marking to the tophatch of this Razorback (in order to use it as Rhino as well biggrin.png ) so:

I Cyfax of the Dark Angels make an oath of moment to honour my Razorback/Rhino with an image wrought from my own hands and to make ready my vehicle for battle!

For the Lion and the Legion!

gallery_75066_9309_81267.jpg

To make up for the very elaborate freehand on my Rhino, I'll add my freehanded Banner of Devastation I recently completed...he's not a tracked vehicle but he did come with the vehicle ( Reclusiam Command Squad tongue.png ) and I'm quite happy with how he turned out.

gallery_75066_9309_80207.jpg

I've also completed the tactical marking on my rhino/razorback and with that my oath, it's not extremely elaborate but it's the first freehanding I've done on a tank...think I'll start doing that more often. Here is my completed oath:

gallery_75066_9309_29032.jpg

Cod_Lover. Astounding, I really like that idea, looking forward to seeing a complete set for the legion smile.png

Galthan Ironsturm. Great work too, glad to see the 4th company getting some love. The Company Badge on the hatch looks great on the old school rhino too.

NCSUWolf. Nice. Love the formation DA Logo.

Anyway. I DJGoldsmith of the Dark angels 4th Company declare my vow complete.

Had one heck of a month. Spent a bit too much time on the inside, not quite enough on the outside (frakkin work didn't help), and lost my phone so excuse the poor photos.

Aside from that I am happy with it. Freehand is done and I Learnt a lot painting the inside, oil washes, chipping etc. Just need to dirty her up a little bit and solder the battery box in place when royal mail finally decide to deliver it.

So Exterior Freehand work

VindiFrontQuart

VindiBackQuart

VindiSide

And Interior with lighting (Yes I could have hidden cables, but there's something cool about bench power supplies)

Vindi Back

Vindi Back Left

Vindi Back Right

+ + + BELLUM AETERNUS: ARTISAN'S GAMBIT + + +

+ + + CLOSING FOREVER 1 MAR 2014 + + +

Artisan's making oaths: 12 Artisan's completing their Gambit: 09

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/Artisan_s_Gambit_Opening_Poster.jpg

Well whaddaya know? Two last minute entries and some completions gets us to 12 participants and a 75% completion rate! We still have six hours to midnight and a possible extension of 24 hours for our three remaining brothers! Will they make it?

There may be a surprise lurking in the "Shadows" for those of you who complete this event courtesy of the Fortress of the Unforgiven..... I say may be.... but likely.... time will tell so will anyone else jump in for a once in a lifetime chance of being part of something? which may turn out to be nothing..... but is likely to be something more than nothing..... perhaps..... may be...?? ph34r.png cool.png

SG

I, Brother_Bethor, hereby declare fulfilment of my oath.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b56/brother_bethor/Bolter%20and%20Chainsword/015_zps4c23542c.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b56/brother_bethor/Bolter%20and%20Chainsword/014_zpsbd4f376c.jpg

I've counted to paint them a lot better, but my son decided to come to this world little earlier than we have expected... What a fine excuse, eh? whistlingW.gif

+ + + BELLUM AETERNUS: ARTISAN'S GAMBIT + + +

+ + + CLOSING FOREVER 1 MAR 2014 + + +

Artisan's making oaths: 12   Artisan's completing their Gambit: 10

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/Artisan_s_Gambit_Opening_Poster.jpg

Well, I have to call this episode to a close. Some absolutely mind boggling free hand work by the participants. You have served the Lion and the Legion very well indeed. An 83% completion rate with only two not completing their oaths is a brilliant outcome.

So, without much ado I present a new Tome of Redemption. This is just the first volume which condenses the Bellum Aeternus: Artisan's Gambit. I hope to create similar issues for each and every unforgiven painting event held in the B+C. So for the moment look back and enjoy!

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/Web_Event_2014_01_AG_Thumbnail.jpg

Click on the image to download the  first volume of the Tome of Redemption

SG

Awesome! Thank you SG for running the Artisan's Gambit and now again a huge thanks for the time and effort you have put into the 'showcasing' of it. The lovely finishing off detail of the pdf is thoughtful and appreciated! thumbsup.gif

Also, it's pretty clear the 3 aims of the event were well and truly met.

Hopefully more Dark Angel players (and maybe players in general) are inspired and will give the ideas brought forward a go!

Excellent publication. Thank you for a well organised event SG.

And a big well done to all the participants. There is some fantastic work thumbsup.gif

Have you got more planned for the near future or can I get on with some little blue guys now?

Congratulations to all those who completed their oaths and to SG for running a successful event! I would've taken part but I didn't have any tanks available I wanted to put some freehand on... hopefully the next event I'll be able to take part.

Thanks guys for the feedback and I am delighted to have had the quality of Free Hand painting showcased here. Even the simple tactical amrkings look so much mor eeffective when painted on.... I would really like to hear not only from those who aprticipated but also those who didn't about their opinions on this event and others similar to it.

Very cool SG, even more reason to participate in the future events!

I do indeed hope that a permanent showcasing if these events encapsulated withi a PDF document which can be downloaded would give out brethren added incentive to participate. I will, during the course of this year gie similar treatment to the ETL1, ETL 2, PtR, L&T and the Currus belli although I will only be showcasing the dark Angels aspects of the events. Goes without saying all future DA painting and modelling events will also get the same treatment...just might abe a bit slow to get there due to RL issues ith time.

Have you got more planned for the near future or can I get on with some little blue guys now?

You're kidding right? whistlingW.gif Of course I have.... The Bellum Aeternus, true to it's name will remain an Eternal COnflict... with two separate parts. One would be the challenges against the other forums simiar to the lopsided Currus Belli against the Ultramarines, which i hope will do better next time. The other is the In-House Dark Angels specific events like the "Artisan's gambit" which will be aimed at getting the participants to try new techniques or make that first leap in to the unknown. So a whole host of small events to keep us live..and all to recorded and displayed for posterity on the aging, creaking and dilapidated Fortress website now in it 14 year of existence.

+ + + To the immedite future prepare for the Angels to spread their wings! + + +

+ + + We are the Brotherhood of the Unforgiven! + + +

+ + + Adventus 15th of March 2014 + + +

SG

+ + + To the immedite future prepare for the Angels to spread their wings! + + +

+ + + Adventus 15th of March 2014 + + +

SG

Sounds like flyers....

Please let it be flyers! Please, please, please !!!

Nephilump in the painting queue ;)

+ + + Adventus 15th of March 2014 + + +

SG

Sounds like flyers....

Please let it be flyers! Please, please, please !!!

Nephilump in the painting queue ;)

Nephilim or pod... I have one Neph/talon and 6 pods to mount and paint...

Well in latin 'Adventus' = Arrival. So... it could be both flyers and drop pods.

Then again, 'spread their wings' could also allude to Ravenwing, so bikes.

Hmm 2 weeks of fun guessing coming up!

Well,

I failed.  First time.  Getting the news that I had to move in less than 2 weeks kind of dampened my plans.  I still haven't managed to put my hands on all (3) Ares again.  They'll turn up.  

Where does this one do his penance?  

Oh well, bring on the next one I guess.

Best,

Paul 

Well,

I failed.  First time.  Getting the news that I had to move in less than 2 weeks kind of dampened my plans.  I still haven't managed to put my hands on all (3) Ares again.  They'll turn up.  

Where does this one do his penance?  

Oh well, bring on the next one I guess.

Best,

Paul 

Don't worry brother...you have done much for the chapter .... and there will be many battle to come in the future! :) 

Hope the move went off okay.

SG

Archived