Crimson Fists Veteran/Ork Hunter WIP

Cpt. Tiberious

Hi all! Just wanted to post up some pics of a small project that I'm doing. I converted up a simple marine for my gaming shop's display case that I plan to paint up as a Crimson Fist Rynn's World veteran/Ork Hunter. This was brought on by a discussion that my friends and I were having regarding the Ultrasmurfs, err....Ultramarines tyrannic war vets, and it was an injustice that the Crimson Fists didn't have an equivalent for orks. So I said bump that, I'll make one myself lol.

Gentlemen, Behold!!!...

Battle-Brother Castian Vegarra of the Crimson Fists Crusade Company.

IMG 0600

IMG 0601

IMG 0602

IMG 0603

Some battle damage and close ups.

IMG 0606

IMG 0605

IMG 0604

(I noticed the mold line on his helmet while taking the pictures so I'll get rid of it before paint lol.)

I like the way this guy came out. Once he gets finished, you'll be able to see the details like the Scrimshaw Bone reliquary on his belt and the filigree on his relic bolter. I also was trying to capture a sense of movement with the model by modeling the cloth blowing in a single direction. Dunno If I nailed that or not but I think it looks good enough.

I'll start painting him up soon and will post in the Hall of Honor when he's done.
Appreciate the looks everyone, thanks a bunch.
C&C welcome as always. Take care. 

Archived