Female Guard

Toomanyprojects

Hi guys, I was just wondering if there was a set/bits out there that showed female IG.

I want to show my gf in my army as an inquisitor, but I also thought it might be nice to mix it up a bit with the regular troops too.

I'm not really interested with 3rd party bits, which I know is restricting. Sorry about that :S

But does anyone on here have any ideas?

There used to be a pretty slick female Ordo Hereticus inquisitor which, naturally, has been discontinued by GW so you'd have to scour eBay. I found one listing:

http://m.ebay.com/itm/161058788299?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1

http://m.ebay.com/itm/151143976716?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1

You could always ally in a small force of Battle Sisters.  They get pricey easily, though.

HQ - Canoness

Troop - 3 Bolter sisters, 2 flamer sisters, 1 superior, 1 Immolator

Fast - 4 melta sisters, 1 superior, 1 Imagifier, 1 Immolator

Heavy - 1 Exorcist

Cost: about 275USD for 550 points of Adepta Sororitas.

We also have an active thread on the Battle Sisters forum about conversions and 3rd party options.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/284443-third-party-model-optionsconversions-for-sisters/

On the last page there is some discussion along with pick about heads from statuesque minis.  You could used their heads on IG models or just pick up some of their full models.

I remember a female figure in the last chancers. I think that your choices on female characters are a little limited,and most will be well endowed. Your only choice could be to get a female character,and use her head on a commisar model. Not gonna explain further, just small chested,nuff said.

Thank you all for your tips smile.png

And may i further explain myself smile.png My dear gf is a very beautiful girl whom I love immensely and who almost certainly would hurt me quite a lot if I did a model of her with massive breasts bursting out of a corset biggrin.png

Seriously though, thank you all for your input. I'd already looked at the Last Chancers character (Rocket Girl), bit she and the necromunda stuff are a bit dated for my purposes tbh. I was also never any good at converting metal :S. Still, there is always hope that GW will redo them again :) Dataslate for them anyone?

I didnt know about the female soldier in the Tanith set. I shall peruse...

Has anyone had any luck humifying the heads of filthy xenos creatures? Some of the DE heads look as though they might have potential

Just look through the range and see what you like, including the non-SM and non-40k stuff.

Indeed, the market is full of enhanced models depicted with a lack of regard in terms of torso protection.

But, you can always use a file and some greenstuff to reduce and cover for better modesty.  This way you could have your pick of models and modify to suit taste.

I personally would check the non gw minis, just do a giggle search for 28mm female heads/miniatures and go from there.

I once thought about creating a rogue trader group and went on a mission to find the perfect heads/bodies/weapons/etc. kitbashing/converting various other 28mm minis would work fine, could be a bit expensive but if its for a single special mini for your nearest and dearest then its worth it. 

Also, I think there was a female Catachan... with a grenade launcher... maybe... I'm not sure.

There certainly wasyes.gif Click on this e-bay link to find her:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.XFemale+Catachan&_nkw=Female+Catachan&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Also there is a rumor that the next box with IG troops is going to be a mix of male and female models, like the new High Elves box with Shadow Warriors.

Ooh, I didn't realise they did that IG model of the female Catachan as well.  I have the Last Chancers set somewhere collecting dust in the loft, forgot there were two females there, knew there was one though.

As with all the above comments with the torso under body armour, yep, not gonna see much difference from normal catachan male models if you find the right ones and switch heads.

Good luck!

Also, I think there was a female Catachan... with a grenade launcher... maybe... I'm not sure.

There certainly wasyes.gif Click on this e-bay link to find her:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.XFemale+Catachan&_nkw=Female+Catachan&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Also there is a rumor that the next box with IG troops is going to be a mix of male and female models, like the new High Elves box with Shadow Warriors.

That's cool that there some old female guard models but ... yuck, those are some ugly models. :p

It would be great if the rumors are true about the upcoming guards if for no other reason than variety's sake.

Archived