Fixin the Travesty that are our Special Characters

Pbenner

Hi guys,

Some of you have probably seen me griping on these forums about the lack of TDA options for our named characters.  While I understand that there may be a reason for this, all of our Named (HQ) Characters are Inner Circle, but only the Generic ones get the option for TDA.  

I would be willing to reason that if I built them, I could play them locally, so here I am, my first major conversion project since my scratch built Belial.  

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1240855_99060101326_DAEzekielmain_873x627.jpg

First up; our Grand Master of Librarians, the head popper himself, Ezekial.

My goal is to make a model that is so much akin to this one, that no one can argue or mock that he is NOT what I say he is, even if he is in TDA.  

My first step was to identify what makes Ezekial who he is as a model.

1) Re-Breather/Respirator

2) Two handed sword grip, note the slight angle?  

3) Fully Robed

4) Combat Stance

5) DA Book and Librarian Book

6) Keys

7) Back Banner

Presently, I have (2) Metal Ezekial models, I will be sacrificing the banner from one of them in order to attach it to the TDA model.  There is a pair of legs from the GK Terminator Sprue that are in this exact stance, and since I will be doing a Green Stuff robe, the iconography doesn't matter, this will also leave a Torso w/Psychic Hood available for the conversion.  

I don't exactly know how long this is going to take to finish, as I am no sculptor, so the robes are giving me pause even to start, but now that I've posted this project, it must be finished.

Best,

Paul

I follow you in similar path and I agree that our characters should have acces to Terminator armour. What I find most annoying is that our company masters can't take bikes, supposedly because we already have master of ravenwing, but what if I have succesor chapter? Corvex supposed to be last working jetbike in the Imperium, not last working in every army. Also if that would be reasoning behind not allowing us to take bike what is the reasoning behind allowing company master to take terminator armour but not for our special characters?

Oh yeah, I saw that but didn't mention it.  That one might be a bear to sculpt, but I'll give it a whirl.  I think that the Knight Master head with his built in Bionic Eye converted might be the best start.

Paul

Oh yeah, I saw that but didn't mention it.  That one might be a bear to sculpt, but I'll give it a whirl.  I think that the Knight Master head with his built in Bionic Eye converted might be the best start.

Paul

Yeah I suggest you to use whatever head with bionic eyes (there's a robed veteran head perfect for that) and just sculpt the respiratory mask.

Let me start off by saying that I commend your efforts to make a homage to our special characters wearing TDA. And I am really looking forward to seeing the finished model.

However I am now going to rant a bit about the title of this thread and your opening comments.

I think the use of the term travesty to discribe the DA codex version of our unique HQs is a tad bit melodramatic.

I don't have every codex in front of me so my memory might be a little faulty. But I am only aware of 6 unique HQs that have the OPTION to change ANYTHING about their initial setup. Sammie, Belial, Calgar, Kahn, Vect, and Tycho.

If there are more, please let me know.

2 of those characters are in our codex.

Only 1 has the option to change armor, Calgar, and it really doesn't change anything about that character. Gets to DS and takes up 2 spaces in a transport.

So the OPTION to take TDA on unique HQs seems like wish listing.

What you are probably trying to say is that you are upset that more of DA's unique HQs are not in TDA by default. And that is a fair point, but also might just be wish listing.

I am curious about a head count of every unique SM and CSM HQ in TDA vs PA. There will be some codexes that stand out as outliers. C:SW come to mind first. Maybe C:DA will also stand out as an outlier. I would wager that overall we are going to see 2:1 in favor of PA, maybe even 3:1.

But I digress. As I said at the beginning, I am really looking forward to seeing the completed models. Good luck.

Archived