"The Symphony of Pain" - An Emperor's Children Warband

Guts

"How will you take your drugs?"

"STRAIGHT INTO MY BRAIN THANK YOU."

Awesome work man. I can't wait till you get some paint on him.

Thanks brother, yea I can't wait to see what paint does to this model either!

Gorgeous... just gorgeous.

Thanks Neph !

Can I have my jaw back please.

That is looking fantastic. And your lightbox works a treat.

Appreciate it Forte, yea cardboard box with computer paper makes a world of difference for sure.

Looks sweet man, he's coming together really well.

Thanks Tyrax, hopefully the rest of his unit will as well. I'm trying to individualize them so its taking a bit longer to get assembled.

So I was going to try and get a few more models posted up today, but unfortunately hobby accident kinda took my willpower for the night. I'll save you the details but let's just say I'm always super caution of Exacto blades cause I'm not really good with knives...but HOBBY DRILL I THOUGHT WE WERE PALS! Anyways I'll hopefully have some more models up tomorrow and here in the next week I should have a test paint up since my new brushes just came in the mail.

also super super secret secret hint....Heinrich has some fluff in the works that is going to blow you away...no pressure buddy thumbsup.gif

Very nice so far. It's like Son of Doomrider in here. 

I love it.

I hope the hobby drill didn't get you too badly! I swear, sometimes I feel I should wear those chainmail shark feeding gloves you see guys on the discovery channel sporting ^_^

but HOBBY DRILL I THOUGHT WE WERE PALS!

You thought wrong.  I swear to god, if it can potentially cut you, poke a hole in your, burn you, etc. at the hobby table the thing is going to get you at some point or another- treat them like they have the vorpal and increased critical weapon properties (was gonna say keen too but it doesn't stack with increased critical. Always gotta nerf the warriors dontcha...)

Joking aside, I'm sorry to hear about your injury; depending on the severity they can take you out of the game so to speak for several days- and always when you're in the midst of something good hobby wise.  As silly as it sounds- those little accidents happen to me quite a bit at the hobby desk too- and I'm honestly about to order chef's gloves they use to protect them from mandolin cutters.  If it's good enough to stop a mandolin, it's good enough to stop an Xacto.  It might be something worth looking into if it happens a lot. 

Very nice so far. It's like Son of Doomrider in here.

I love it.

I hope the hobby drill didn't get you too badly! I swear, sometimes I feel I should wear those chainmail shark feeding gloves you see guys on the discovery channel sporting happy.png

Appreciate it flint, yea lol that damn drill.......

The cape on the lord is fantastic, together with the swept back lightning claw its a hell of a pose! Looking forward to following this one.

Thanks Kronus, the pose is just one of those freak accidents that artist are suppose to say the did on purpose..... I mean yea I completely planned this guy out 100% from the start! lol

but HOBBY DRILL I THOUGHT WE WERE PALS!

You thought wrong. I swear to god, if it can potentially cut you, poke a hole in your, burn you, etc. at the hobby table the thing is going to get you at some point or another- treat them like they have the vorpal and increased critical weapon properties (was gonna say keen too but it doesn't stack with increased critical. Always gotta nerf the warriors dontcha...)

Joking aside, I'm sorry to hear about your injury; depending on the severity they can take you out of the game so to speak for several days- and always when you're in the midst of something good hobby wise. As silly as it sounds- those little accidents happen to me quite a bit at the hobby desk too- and I'm honestly about to order chef's gloves they use to protect them from mandolin cutters. If it's good enough to stop a mandolin, it's good enough to stop an Xacto. It might be something worth looking into if it happens a lot.

I know right! It's pretty much like if its useful it will destroy you! Those gloves seem pretty sweet actually, I thought they were gonna be these bulky chainmail things.

So since I used super glue and tape on my thumb as soon as that crap happened I kinda saved myself. So I have done a little hobbying today. Although I didn't really get a chance to get to any greenstuffing like I was planning I did get some helmets done and my aspiring champ is close to the finish line.

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t84/jasonarthurswain/Emperors%20Children%20Blog/blog12_zpsf0ef3e37.jpg

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t84/jasonarthurswain/Emperors%20Children%20Blog/blog11_zpse3059969.jpg

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t84/jasonarthurswain/Emperors%20Children%20Blog/blog13_zpsd3004636.jpg

This is a little group shot of some guys that are at least fully built still need greenstuff...sigh

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t84/jasonarthurswain/Emperors%20Children%20Blog/blog14_zpsa576b811.jpg

Sorry these are such small updates but I figure you guys wouldn't mind seeing the slow process instead of waiting.

You'll never hear people complain about you posting works in progress in the WiP section happy.png

Especially when they're this cool.

Touche lol, Thanks a lot !

Coming along nicely man. Can't wait to see more.

Same to you I want that fluff man I need it!

Dude, these are awesome! Love the undiluted metalmania. biggrin.png

How'd you do the cabling in the back of this guy's neck?

Hey lexington, all I did was drill 3 small 1mm holes into the back of his head and used the amazing greenstuff industries saw-20 tool to make cables. Then just glued them into the holes first which makes it easier to position it the way you want.

So for my little hobby update this afternoon I have two things for you to look over.

First, with the bikes I am using the backs of the bikes have a slot for a banner thing. So in order to make that space useful Im trying to pull off basically skin trophies. I still want to do a little more work on them to "clean" the sculpt up and bulk them up in some places.

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t84/jasonarthurswain/Emperors%20Children%20Blog/blog15_zpse2833b9f.jpg

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t84/jasonarthurswain/Emperors%20Children%20Blog/blog16_zps508af727.jpg

Also I messed around with a little paint this afternoon on a test model... Its a loyalist marine from assault on black reach but I just wanted to start fleshing out how I'm going to do the base colors and what not, didn't really spend to much time on gun or anything. let me know what you guys think from what you can tell on this basic model.

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t84/jasonarthurswain/Emperors%20Children%20Blog/blog17_zpse8073076.jpg

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t84/jasonarthurswain/Emperors%20Children%20Blog/blog18_zps4e2376b6.jpg

Diggin' it dude, re you gonna do the mismatched color plates you sometimes see?

Example:

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/thumb/1/1f/EmperorsChildrenMarine.jpg/200px-EmperorsChildrenMarine.jpg

Yea this is just a loyalist model so i was just showing the real grim dark purple and golds I'm looking to get. Since like my bikers a lot of them are going to get leather wraps and those studs there will be a different colors for that.

Guts, what about saddlebags and such to help fill the empty space on the back of the bikes?

And you can't go wron with purple. msn-wink.gif

Saddle bags could work I'll mess around with some of the ideas I have but that could work. Yes something about that dark purple just does it for me haha!

Looks good. Nice and clean. But purple is so pre-heresy. Slap some real colour on those bad boys msn-wink.gif

LOL well you see I've decided to mock the false emperor by wearing these colors. Simply yelling "FOR THE EMPEROR" as we slaughter and weave a symphony of pain within the Imperium of man.devil.gif

Good Afternoon Ladies and Gents,

So I'm sorry its been so long since my last update. I have been waiting for bits orders and my raptors box to come in for the rest of my bike conversions.

I have now pretty much finished modeling these bikers, there is just a few mold lines it looks like I forgot as well as cleaning up the plastic shavings and what not. Anyways figured I would post them up for final review before they move into paint stage and since its quite a bit of photos ill keep the text to a minimum.

"The Group Shot"

Well that's the lot, comments appreciated and While you do that I am going to mess around and paint this  old test bike model. See if I can come up with a decent paint job for them.

The Icon of Excess is so dope. I'm chomping at the bit to see these guys painted. I do feel like the lord could use a little extra "oomph" on his bike to make it stand out, I mean these are the Emperor's Children we're talking about, they're all about Pimpin' their ride ;)

Wow, it really looks like you're getting better at the flayed skin thing with every bike!

One tiny niggle, I'm not a huge fan of the old school metal backpack on your lord, but that's more a matter of personal preference. Just be sure to paint it up really gorgeous to change my mind ^_^

Whoa whoa whoa, didn't you guys see where I put, " Comments are appreciated" not comments and critiques? HAHAHA Just kidding guys I really do appreciate it.

So yea I improvised and came up with what I really think brings the bike up and above the rank and file guys he's with. Also thanks for all the compliments,yea those things are cool and make me feel...cooler?thanks.gif

Love it. Nothing like a bit of excess to make Slaanesh happy. These are coming on leaps and bounds.

One tiny thing. Try not to drill as deep for your beads. Have a bit more bead above the surface if you can.

Archived