Elysian Army

rjpstoked

Welcome aboard comrade! biggrin.png Some more Elysians is just what we could do with here - I wish I could help, but I know little about Elysian rules and not that much more about their background. Last I heard FW was up to monkey business with their army lists but that was a while ago? Do you have the latest list for them, wherever that may be found?

I can help with more general Guard advice, but even the most knowledgeable of Elysian generals will need somewhere to start so it will help if you could give us some more information. Do you have any limitations or requirements for the sort of army you're looking to build? What about dastardly opponents you'd like to give a nasty surprise? The more you can provide the better the help will be smile.png

Until then I can only give generic advice, such as to make sure you have the numbers to endure once you drop your troopers off. If you're running "classic" Elysians and coming in like flying Rambos then you will need to pack in as much as you can to make sure your first strikes are crippling, especially against vehicles and other nasties. I'm sure you can muster some of that on your Valkyries and Vendettas though msn-wink.gif

Do you have a colour scheme for your army, and any pictures to share?

remember that you will want some high survivable powerunits on the board to survive turn 1, as otherwise this will be an auto loss. you can work around this in two ways:

-go minimalistic and have a small, inexpensive unit hiding somewhere on the board, preferably out of LOS from anything and anyone

-build a decent firebase that will survive the first turn and yet will still be of decent power do deliver a strong first turn alpha strike.

both have their benefits, although the first is more suited for a pure elysian army!

alternatively you could get a small allied detachement that will survive the first turn. the first thing that comes to my mind is a small armored battalion. if you really wanted to make it cool you could make the armoured battalion another regiment(i would recommend it,since elysians and armour don't mix well). such an armylist could work in a number of scenarios, such as the elysian following a spearheading armoured battalion deep into enemy terrain, or the elysians comming to resqua the stranded armoured battalion, retrieving vital intel in the proces... moneywise this is also the cheapest since the armoured battalion could exist of as little as 2 leman russes...

Btw, in my previous post I meant Sentry Guns not Sabre (since I believe you can Deep Stike them too with Elysians).

So:

Valkryies with Infantry (mix of Melta, AGL, Flamer, Demo) where half can Deep Strike Turn 1

Vultures

Sentry Guns

Drop Sentinels w/Multi-Melta

Long-Range Ground Scanner

And, as Hendrick said - you need to survive Turn 1 (if you don't go first) - so maybe a couple of Tanks, or even just an inexpensive WoM Imperial Bunker Fortification (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440312a&prodId=prod1780024a) with some Vets.

Actually another Fortification you may want to consider is the Skyshield Landing Pad - since you could launch an additional Vulture off it on Turn 1 if you start first.

Archived