Cell Seven Theta - Sidewinders

Aristeo

Working on some conversions...

Took one of the helmets on the left and trimmed it down with the result on the right.
Wrapped small Dragonforge cable around back of helmet.
Add some brown putty and sculpt.

MK6 variant torso.

Just adding a little variety to the tac squad I'm building for The Master Plan over at The Serpent's Lair.

If anybody's interested in a small build and paint challenge, come check it out!

Link in his signature (click the image) and bigger pictures appear after clicking on the smaller images in his post ;)

Couldn't see those in mobile format. My bad.

I couldn't leave you out here all alone Excessus! smile.png

Thanks Dark Rage. I didn't intend on leaving the helmet grill filled in completely - I tried to drill some vent holes and screwed up the helmet twice, but the third time's a charm.

Ended up sculpting the vents into the snout which was a huge pain trying to maintain the proper shape. Gonna add a few rivets and then assemble and paint.

• 1 year later...

Hey I'm looking for some feedback on this stormwolf counts-as stormeagle I've been working on.  The first pic just shows the lascannon turret on top.

http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a482/aristeo66/138_zps2f647d06.jpg

This next pic is getting closer, and I tried out wing-mounted lascannons and the different back portion with the vent on it.

http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a482/aristeo66/002_zpsep95xoie.jpg

So what looks better, the lascannons on the wing-tips or on the turret?

Cool conversion so far and I agree with Olis.

IIRC, Lascannons emit a ton of flash, so the turret right above the cockpit might not be a thing.

Since you've got two lascannons on there already in either case - I might try and figure out a way to do two batteries of two lascannons on the sides of the nose somehow?

Just a thought, looking forward to seeing more!

-W

Archived