6 man Rampager squad 150

5 Caedere weapons 50

Power fist 15

Plasma pistol 15

Artificer armour 10

Contemptor-mortis dreadnought 155

Twin kheres pattern assault cannon 25

Apothecarion detachment 45

20 man Legion tactical squad 250 (all with chain axes and bolt pistols)

Legion vexilla 10

Power axe 10

Artificer armour 10

10 man Legion tactical squad 150

Nuncio-vox 10

7 man Legion support squad 160

6 plasma guns 90

Combi-plasma 10

Rhino 35

Legion whirlwind scorpius 115

Land raider phobos 250

Land raider sparten  295

Total 2000

Khârn and the ramager squad are in the phobos and the 20 man tactical squad is with the apothecary in the sparten.

Please leave me comments on your opinions and thoughts and areas of improvement.

And you can still Fury of the Legion with Bolt pistols and then assault anything that remains.

but you can't move before using it so the target would have to stop within 12" of you.  Maybe if he failed a charge but otherwise it's  extremely unlikely

Ya sorry I ment to say 'kheres'.

The reason I've gone for the 20 man squad all with CCW is because assaulting from the sparten they dish out 60 attacks on the charge plus 4 attacks with a power axe so no matter what your going to be rolling those saves plus for the amount of attacks and wounds they are reasonably cheep coming in at only 280 points.

...I get the "cannot move" restriction for Fury volley's, but the squad will only come assaulting out of the Spartan once most games. After that there is a good chance that they will have won the assault and have to consolidate toward the next victims, which will allow them to Fury before murdering.

This also gives them the option of later turn defensive holds of objectives that two CCW would not allow.  Bolt pistol and chain axe are the way to go. The second CWW also costs points for something the bolt pistol does just as well and gives a ranged attack. They can also still overwatch!! Fury and base 2 attacks for the win!!

Over all I like the list...need more points, but a good start.  Artificer Armor every single Sgt you have.  It is hands down the best upgrade in the book.  I've had my Sgt's "Matrix" 20 some odd shots just about every game.  And the apothecary or Primus Medicae in the 20 man squad will  piss people off.

• 3 weeks later...

A couple of your listed point costs are off, but you're still coming out at 2k.  You should double check the prices for your Contemptor Mortis and Tactical Support Squads.  2k is probably as good of a starting point as any for getting into the HH.

I'm not sure if the nuncio-vox is terribly worth it on your ten man tac squad.  As I figure, the WW Scorpius is a pretty tough artillery piece (as far as artillery goes, at least?) and doesn't have to be hidden behind terrain to be effective.  And I am assuming that the 10 man tac squad with no transport is your home objective holder, as well, so it's not like they'll be getting line of sight to something that your opponent is hiding behind terrain on his side of the board.  I think it would be better if the nuncio-vox was a vexilla in this case.

I think Gorechild is a worthwhile upgrade for Khârn, if you can find the points for it.  You might be a little light on anti-tank, but not by much.  If you could find points for some meltabombs here and there, that would probably help.

right I see I had a few typos in there reference the point but I've ironed them out at least it didn't affect the total. if found in my experience that the WW scorpius attracts a lot of fire due to how deadly it can be so for 10 point I can hide it away with no negative result. the 10 man is my home unit holder but you have 5 turns before you need to be on it so ill put the squad in a good position where they can direct the WW fire.

I like the idea of gorechild and the melta bombs so ill have to have a quick think on what to drop in order to take some.

thanks for your comments

ok here is the new list not much changed just a few tweaks. what do people think?

Khârn the bloody 170

Gorechild 20

6 man Rampager squad 150

5 Caedere weapons 50

Power fist 15

Plasma pistol 15

Artificer armour 10

Contemptor-mortis dreadnought 155

Twin khere pattern assault cannon 25

Apothecarion detachment 45

20 man legion tactical squad 250

Legion vexilla 10

Power axe 10

Melta bombs 5

Artificer armour 10

10 man legion tactical squad 150

Nuncio-vox 10

6 man legion support squad 115

5 plasmaguns or 5 meltaguns (depending what I decide to field on the day) 75

Plasma pistol 15

Rhino 35

Legion whirlwind scorpius 115

Land raider phobos 250

Land raider sparten 295

Total 2000

Always...I say again, always take Artificer armor on anything that can take it.  2+ for 10 points is the best upgrade in the game. I've "matrix'd" 20+ shots multiple times, keeping my assault squads closer to full strength for the assault. 

Add in an Apothecary and you have a very resilient troop choice.

You still need more points, 2k is the bottomed out level for Heresy games.

Archived