1,500 point friendly game on saturday.

Da Taz

I haven't play SOB in over a year and never with the new codex. While I have all of the units of a SOB army other then Engines and the Saint, I really don't know how the units work with the new codex. So I'm asking for help! So to help out here is some of my units.

I run repentia as a anti-tank or termie unit now with a Rhino.

I have three squads of sisters with melta, heavy flamer and vet sister along with a repressor!

I have three Excorists.

1 unit of Celset. with Rhino

1 priest.

7 Death Cults. Mostly used as a counter attack unit.

Overall I have around  4,000 plus points of Sisters so I have lots of things I can do. I just want to have a fun game and a good chance of winning. The guy I'm playing hasn't told me yet what army I will be facing and it will be the first time we have gamed! So all help will be enjoyed!

The new codex makes Repentia die to anything they do not get the charge on what with the loss of FnP, including a unit of housecats the the enemy decides to sick on them.  A Tallarnian camel could probably spit at them and kill some while the Rough Rider on his back either laughs or gawks in amazement at the ridiculousness of what he just saw.

That being said, for the 1500 point games I have I am still experimenting with different list.  I have found the most effective to be Celestine with an alternative being two canoness, one bare one with rosarius/power weapon.  The bare one finds a nice place to hide and denies slay the warlord.  Maybe you fancy the disgusting aegis defence line w/ quad gun that so many people seem to love (sorry, I just hate hiding behind the lines. GO OUT AND BURN THE HERETICS!!!)?  I also take 2 squads of battle sisters at 10 with a rhino and flamer/heavy flamer.  If I take the dual Canoness option, then one squad will have 9 so the Canoness with gear can ride along.  Some people like flamer/storm bolter or storm bolter/heavy flamer, but I have not met/seen many.  One squad of 5 sisters either bare of with two flamers that objective sit while the TLMM immolator bought for them goes tank hunting.  Either two units of 10 seraphim or two units of 5 dominions.  Seraphim are outfitted with flamers usually and dominions always have meltaguns and TLMM immolators. I usually don't bother with anything in heavy support that is not named "Exorcist" and just take three of those.  Not saying that Retributors aren't good, they just suffer from the unfortunate fate of not being named "Exorcist".

Other people may disagree with what I have said or even think it is bad, but it works for me pretty much all the time.  Your meta may differ heavily from mine, however, so take everything I have to say with a grain of salt.

Celestians are still one of the less productive units especially now that Battle Sisters can be taken in squads of 5 with an equal number of special weapons. 

On the other side of the power ranking, our Fast Attack choices are able to easily take out thier points worth and more.  Dominions with 4 melta in a Repressor is a wonderful toy.  No more need to bail out since you may now fire 5 weapons -- any weapons -- from the Repressors.

Sisters are a fundamental type of army. Bolter, flamer and melta. Stick to the basics, apply overwhelming force to one unit at a time and eliminate them. Volume of fire is your friend; flamer templates can churn out a ton of hits and are vastly under rated.

You wont need both Repentia and a Battle Conclave.  You don't really need either but I almost always take one unit or the other to protect the Exorcists from drop pods and out flankers.

About priests.  One priest is the guy that holds the Book of St. Luc for your Canoness.  When I take priests, I take 3. One for re-roll saves, one for Shred and one to make sure that if nothing else, the re-roll gets a 3rd attempt.  Add them to a Command Squad of 3 heavy flamers,  the sacred banner and a hospitaler.  Put them all in a rhino and even bring along the Canoness if you want.  It is a costly unit and not all that deadly but they are extremely resilient .  The three priest setup also works with Repentia, Battle Conclaves or Sister blobs but they don't get the wonderful FnP you get woth a Command Squad.

Target priority has not changed.  Exorcist still rock but struggle against AV13 and up.  If all else, you can leave the priests, repentia, DCA and allies at home.  Bring an ADL with quad-gun or a Firestorm Redoubt if you are expecting multiple flyers.  Otherwise, melta the transports, flame the occupants and rapid fire bolters en masse on whatever is left.  Just like we did before minus the Jacobus bomb.

Good stuff in here, I'd just like to clarify that at the core the army hasn't changed - the trinity is still as good as always as are the Battle Sisters that wield them so the tried and true methods of victory still ring true. The changes to Sister units aren't major so you're not as out of date as you think, it won't take much to get up to speed :)

Good luck for the game, don't forget to let us know how it goes!

Here is a list I put together, assuming that you have Rhinos and Immolators and general special weapons amid that 4k point collection:

Canonness (sits in reserve with 5 girl troop squad.)

5x Battle sisters

10x Battle sisters with 2 flamers, rhino with dozer

10x Battle sisters with 2 flamers, rhino with dozer

10x Repentia

5x Doms with 4 meltaguns, Multimelta Immolator

5x Doms with 4 meltaguns, Multimelta Immolator

3 Exorcists

Priest (goes with battle conclave)

7x Death cult assassins

Leaves you 35 points for upgrades (though I recommend another priest if you can)

Tactics are pretty simple. Shoot the elite infantry and monstrous creatures with the exos. Back them up with regular bolter fire if you can, but otherwise keep your troops together to sweep objectives and take them.

Doms outflank to create a nuisance, whilst cannonness stays hidden throughout the game and scores backfield objective.

Repentia begin in cover as far forward as possible, with the battle conclave just behind. Deploy them centrally so that they force the enemy units to the edges where the doms can pick them up, or the doms force them into the middle for your assault units.

Repentia are best using fleet to close the distance. Let them soak up enemy fire whilst the DCA's do the real fighting.

If a big tank or juicy target appears then by all means send in the repentia, but otherwise they are just a distraction. Expect them all to die, but it shouldn't matter when yoir opponent has to deal with everything else as well.

Archived