1500 point battle this weekend! First time with new codex!

Da Taz

I fought a force of Necrons and Tau! They had one unit of Wariths (8 count) two units of Necron warriors (10) battle barge with the big gun! and a Necron Lord. Two Hammerheads and two units of Tau troops, one unit of three battlesuits with the Tau Leader being the Warlord. I had the following:

Cannoness with combi-bolter/flamer, power maul and mantle with Ror. Command squad with three heavy bolters, twin linked heavy bolter Immo. with storm bolter.  Priest with power sword and laspistol, 7 death cult ass. three squads of sisters (10 girls) meltagun, heavy flamer, vet sister with bolter and CCW each with a repressor. two Exorists with storm bolter.

We played purge the alien. I set up second and went second.

first turn he didn't hit any of my troops. I killed two wraiths and a couple of his necrons.

second turn his wraiths attacked one of my squads. I lost a couple of girls and didn't break. Made like a ton of saves to! No one really lost more then one or two models.

third turn he dropped a large blast on my death cults and priest and killed only four. and he killed one of my exorcists and his wriaths killed another couple of sisters. I killed another couple of necrons and dented his hammerheads.

fourth turn my death cults attacked his wraiths and killed one, I lost some more sisters and one of my repressors.

turn five I lost the rest of the sisters fighting the wraiths and then the death cult killed the wraiths, I lost the last two repressors and killed one unit of his necrons. We took a check on VPs and boy did I loose. He had 6 and I had 2. ( he had first blood, and had killed four vehicles and one squad. I had troops in his area and had killed one squad.)

However, I had fun as did he. We both made mistakes. My bad rolling with my hits to his hammerheads cost me a bunch of points plus his pie plate hitting my death cults hurt. But, the battle hyms and acts of faith keep my sisters in the close combat with his wraiths and keeps them tied up in battle until my death cults could get into battle and kill three wraiths! I learned a lot and will bring some flying nuns and maybe some dimmons with flamers! maybe even some repinatia! I just may bring my sisters in their APCs and unload them close to the tau! His wraiths just couldn't kill my sisters and go onto other units and kill them. His Hammerheads just sucked. All their rail guns did were kill one exorcist and three repressors and all three of them were at really close range. the rest of his tau really didn't do much all game. some shooting with missiles and not much else.

Overall I must say that Battle Hymms work great, the new way of the acts of faith work, but you must buy the Sim. and the lowering of points help out. I will look forward to running my sisters again!

Sounds like you had a little bit of bad luck, but that's how it goes sometimes! I think you didn't do too badly for your first game with the new codex and against such an army, the most important thing is you both had fun and you started learning the new codex smile.png I'll keep an eye out for your future reports, hopefully with victories in His name msn-wink.gif

Do you think you'll be making some changes to your list, or keep it to try it out some more?

I had two squads on the left flank, one on the right with the Immo. beside them. the APCs in the middle with the exorcists in the middle rear with the command squad as a fire base. the Death Cults were beside them in the counter assault roll.  He had a necron squad on his right flank with lord, another on his left flank, his battle barge beside it. The tau were center with the hammerheads in front and the warriors behind the battlesuits. If I had a do over I would have taken Serephaim (full Squad with flamers) to deep strike. I would have taken the squads in the apcs and pushed up the center and attacked the tau as soon as I could. One of my squads hardly did anything all game, just a few bolter shoots. That and moved into his zone. Maybe given power swords to my Vet sisters. I maybe would have given hunter killers to all of my tanks. and I would have taken a flamer Immo. instead of the heavy Bolter one.

He spent most of his fire taking out my APCs and very little ellse where. His wraiths spent the entire game tied up with just one squad and the Death Cults. His tau other then the tanks didn't really do much of anything other then stand around. and the anything was just shoot some missiles. The necron squads on each flank glanced the Immo. and killed a few of the sisters and the squad on the right flank just died. He didn't jump around with the battlesuits and his leg guys just stayed out of sight. If I could have rolled better on his hammerheads I think it would have changed the game. Oh well maybe next time!

But, the battle hymms and acts of faith are great although I like the older way of rolling each turn for how many faith points you have each turn. Instead of you only can use it twice and that is with paying for a special upgrade! The slight downgrade of points have helped, but that is not enough. The sisters are not SM's and they are not as cheap as Guard. Maybe by changing their Invul save by adding a priest to each squad and unit to 5+. That may help. But, they still die way to easy. And unlike Necrons they don't have a chance to come back.

I run Jacobus for exactly this reason in a blob, fills the role of priest, gives me counter attack and ensures the squad has a re-rollable 5++ in cc :p

Thinking about changing a few things.

Dropping the command squad

changing the squads to six girls with the same special weapons and with a IMMO.

Bringing Seraphim

Bringing Dom. with flamers

Bringing three Exorists.

Which will give me four Immos. three Exorists and lots of flamers. I will place the Cannoness in with the Dom. so I will have lots of flame on! LOL!

Archived