Mechanicus Or Imperial Knights?

Knights all have unique color schemes that denote their personal heraldry first and foremost, followed by their Household, and only then by any allegiance sworn to a faction such as the AdMech or the Imperium. Which means, paint them however you choose, there are no limits.

SJ

They don't have to be solid red. The Titan Legions have all sorts of interesting color schemes and they are pure Ad Mech. The Knights Households are just as varied as the Titan Legions. Maybe more so since they can be fully independent of the Ad Mech.  I looked up as many Titan Legions as I could find when the Knights were first shown to help me pick a color scheme for my Knight.

My advice is to wait for the codex and the companion to be released. This is a "we don't know what we don't know" situation. While there's a good chance that all the Mechanicus houses will feature some redness, because red is the Mechanicus's color, we don't know it. We know that Raven is red with hazard stripes, but we don't know much about the colors of House Krast except that there's red in their coat of arms. We don't know anything at all about House Vulker, House Trainor, or House Taranis.

Personally, I need my Knights to be able to play nice with my Knights of Blood, who are Blood Angels successors, so probably not a Mechanicus house. I want to pick a noble house to do three of my Knights as, and then eventually add a couple of freeblades once I've had enough experience with the Knight kit that I'm more comfortable freehanding my own made-up symbols.

I was originally going to do Hawkshroud - in homage to their previous incarnation as House Hawkwood - but white and yellow seem like such a pain in the ass to paint... At the moment, I'm waiting on the details of House Cadmus, Degallio, Griffith, and Mortan, and of course, any new houses introduced by the companion.

Anyway, the point is, I'd wait if I were you. Get the kit partly assembled, paint the skeleton seperately, and wait a little while on the armor plates. It'll pay off.

According to some background about the AdMec in forgeworld's Horus Heresy Massacre the deep red colour is reserved for sworn and initiated members of the priesthood.

See pg 47.

So that's why they don't get along with Blood Angels... :teehee:

I know we don't know what we don't know yet, but is it feasible that a house aligned with a particular Titan legion could adopt their color scheme?

I'm not going to do anything yet, just thinking ahead.

I know we don't know what we don't know yet, but is it feasible that a house aligned with a particular Titan legion could adopt their color scheme?

I'm not going to do anything yet, just thinking ahead.

From what I've seen so far, that seems unlikely. The Knight houses are fiercely independent and protective of their unique cultures and histories.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got both the codex and the Knigpht Companion book and all the mechanicus aligned houses have predominantly red armour paint schemes although one house is mixed red and white armour.

The Imperium aligned houses and the lone freeblades have a much greater variety of paint schemes.

I was thinking of doing House Degallio. Thier colors are a little vague as well. I'm guessing from the shield and heraldry that they are a combination of yellow and blue. Since I also have a Warhound in Legio Astorum colors that would fit into my overall army.

The thought being is since House Degallio was wiped out on Alaric Prime a few may have survived in service to the Warp Runners of the Legio Astorum. In any event thats how I plan to do the Knight I have. According to the fluff they don't really have anywhere is else to go now.

my house hold is on permanent attachment to my titan legion so purple all the way :smile.: (found that in the fluff)

yep my story is my titan order astro novarius was helping house thorne defend its home world from hive fleet leviathan which ultimately failed when the world was evacuated the remnants of the house swore oaths to the order firstly to gain resource  secondly as the amount of titans that fell should be honoured for the sacrifice .so they realign with the mechanicus but use the titan orders colours

what's cool is that's a old epic 2nd edd game I fought 20 odd years ago :)

I was thinking of doing House Degallio. Thier colors are a little vague as well. I'm guessing from the shield and heraldry that they are a combination of yellow and blue. Since I also have a Warhound in Legio Astorum colors that would fit into my overall army.

The

The thought being is since House Degallio was wiped out on Alaric Prime a few may have survived in service to the Warp Runners of the Legio Astorum. In any event thats how I plan to do the Knight I have. According to the fluff they don't really have anywhere is else to go now.

my house hold is on permanent attachment to my titan legion so purple all the way :smile.: (found that in the fluff)

Degallio have the same colors of the Freeblade White Warden, according to the companion. You can follow that as a guideline and extrapolate from there. The additional transfer sheet have all you need for full Degallio knights.

The

Degallio have the same colors of the Freeblade White Warden, according to the companion. You can follow that as a guideline and extrapolate from there. The additional transfer sheet have all you need for full Degallio knights.

I dont have the companion so I have no referance. So if they are the same as the "White Warden" I'm guessing white then. I hate white....

I have an Astorum Warhound too (and now a Warlord). I came up this the same idea as you, Archangel23. But meanwhile i decided against painting my Knights in the same Colors as my Titans. Finally i had choosen House Taranis. I think the red will be a good contrast to the Warp Runners. And i will add a small contingent (~1000 points) of AdMech units from FW.

Edited by Dark Bjoern

Dark Beorn, I would like to have done the houses of Dutonis as they are close to Lucius. But, as you know they have not givin color schemes and heraldry for either of the two houses. I would assume red, but no idea on heraldry. I'm trying to place everyone in the same segmentum as my Wolves. Thats why I picked Lucius as my Titan homeworld.

LOL. Same reasons for me. SW and Astorum. But i like the paint scheme of House Taranis. For me, House Taranis was send to Lucius by the Fabricator General to help Astorum settling the problems on Dutonis as neutral judges. That was their traditional role in the past so why should it be their role now?