The traitor primarch and the missing legions

If having a female was reasonable from a made up future genetics point of view I would expect half the primarchs to be female not one. But they can be anything you want them to be because they currently don't really exist.

I thought the concealment Primarch was Corax, can't remember the specifics.

Concealment Primarch is Corax. He can be in plain sight and yet not be seen.

Curze has a similar ability, but his is more a shadow thing. If there is darkness, he can hide in it.

I've always thought there would be an interesting plotline behind a primarch who had foresight similar to Kurze, but when he saw what was going to happen and the eternal horror of chaos, he devised an escape plan.

So the Emperor shows up, finds a technologically advanced world his primarch had been on, only the guy had rounded up a fleet and, using relics from the dark age of technology, sling-shotted the fleet right out of the milky way galaxy and towards our nearest neighbor to get away from both chaos and the Emperor.

As that's the kind of thing neither side would like, and the big E certainly would not tolerate. "Opting out" was not acceptable for the Imperium, after all.

The other missing primarch is clearly Chuck Norris, who everyone just leaves alone because they don't want to die, and if you speak his name, he might appear. His statue is covered on Terra because anyone who sees it dies of fright.

EDIT: You should also read the above last paragraph in a pointlessly bombastic and creepy voice.

As nice looking (and far more blissfully, not lore breaking) as Athrawes' project is . . .

The Missing Two will forever be locked in my head as Dean Winchester and Wile E. Coyote.

I've always considered resisting the Emperor upon meeting him and massive geneseed failure to be two of the more plausible reason for deletion, both of which wouldn't really be of much interest to the traitor Primarchs.

As for the IInd that I've been working on (shameless plug for the Lost and Forgotten), I've been trying to craft a fall that is closely linked with the Tarot Major Arcana view of the mIssing Primarchs.

I don't think I've talked about what led to the fall but basically, It's based on a handful of things.

The quote from "A Thousand Sons" where Magnus reveals that the Emperor has known about the Webway for decades.

Do you know what he said, Ahzek? Do you know how he greeted this momentous discovery, this key to every corner of the galaxy?”

“He knew.”

-Magnus the Red

And from the tarot interpretation for the High Priestess shows we get two things, that the Primarch was Psychic and that he was probably the only one who was able to understand the emperor (the fools) great plan.

The High Priestess is ultimately the one who can communicate an understanding of the highest goals of the Fool to the rest of the system, individually and in ways they can each understand.

We also know that most of the Primarchs save for Magnus were left completely out of the loop regarding the true threat of the Warp and the Emperors dream of a Human Webway to make Warp travel unnecessary, even Horus.

This is the point where I think a lost Primarch comes in. Traveling alongside the Emperor (Maybe specifically for this reason, the emperor is good at those kinds of things) The missing Primarch discovers a world infested by the warp which after study is traced back to a breached webway gate.

The Emperor recognizes that this technology if harnessed for mankind could save humanity from the risk and reliance on warp travel, by necessity the emperor confides in this son his desire for a human webway and its role in saving mankind, he would also be obligated to share the true threat of Chaos in order to explain why this technology is necessary. The Emperor then tasks this unique son with collecting information on webway from across the galaxy while fighting to contain the treat posed by chaos.

The emperor passes his first Edict of Obliteration, ordering his Son not to speak of this knowledge with his brothers.

After years of fighting and collecting research, the Son, eager to see his fathers dreams realized begins construction of a human webway prototype on his home world.

Things then go catastrophically wrong.

The webway is unstable and a massive warp breach begins consuming the world. The Emperor commands his wayward son to terminate his own world to stem the threat this massive breach would pose to the imperium and surrounding space. The Son refuses to execute his own world because of a mistake made by him, he believes he can still control the webway or at the very least seal it without destroying everything he has built.

The emperor is forced to besiege the Primarchs homeworld, and after years of fierce fighting finally closes the massive breach, ending it's threat to the imperium.

The Emperor orders a new Edict of Obliteration, commanding the 9 Primarchs present for the destruction of the Lost Legion never to speak of these events.

Thus passes one of the Emperors sons and his Legion, out of history and into Legend.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a very rough outline my plan for the fall of the IInd Legion.

I think it's a very silly thing that the writers are forced to dance around, and makes no sense at all. Hints have been dropped, but I fail to believe that two entire Legions, which had to have been around for hundreds of years prior to even finding their primarchs can just vanish from history completely. Nothing survived from the Unification Wars about them? No heroic tales from their battle brothers of other Legions or people they liberated from techno-barbarian tyrants? When the Emperor reached out beyond Terra and the Sol system in his Great Crusade, did they do nothing noteworthy, ever? Doubtful.

10% of the Legiones Astartes just don't vanish without a word, and frankly, I'm starting to think the writers should never have brought them up at all because each new mention only makes it seem that much more implausible that such a secret could be kept from so many for so long.

Worked just fine with the Traitor Legions. The only reason those few in the know have any knowledge is because their threat persists. Take that away, and like with the other 99.9% of Mankind, otherwise known as those not in the know, all knowledge of those nine Legions would be gone.

Whatever the Missing Two did to be remembered, the Traitorous Nine did a heck of a lot more.

10% of the Legiones Astartes just don't vanish without a word...

The Imperium had 50% of the Legions unpersoned after the Heresy, and that was with big E and Malcador out of commission.

What's a mere two Legions in comparison?

Edit:

Sharrowkyned by Cormac

The Imperium had 50% of the Legions unpersoned after the Heresy, and that was with big E and Malcador out of commission.

Edit:

Sharrowkyned by Cormac

>>Sharrowkyned by Cormac

>>Sharrowkyned

This is why you got the like.:D

As to my own pet theory theory about what happened to at least one of the Missing Primarchs...

"Angron! This world is a graveyard, and you-you look as if you should be IN a graveyard. What happened here? What have you done?"

"Hrrrgghh...what happened here? What always happens when one of our 'Compliance' fleets finds another world? We gave them a choice, life or death. Live wearing the Emperor's chains, die fighting for what you...what...I gave him the choice...the choice I never..."

As to my own pet theory theory about what happened to at least one of the Missing Primarchs...

"Angron! This world is a graveyard, and you-you look as if you should be IN a graveyard. What happened here? What have you done?"

"Hrrrgghh...what happened here? What always happens when one of our 'Compliance' fleets finds another world? We gave them a choice, life or death. Live wearing the Emperor's chains, die fighting for what you...what...I gave him the choice...the choice I never..."

Seems to me that, were that to happen, we'd be discussing the missing three, the II, XI and XII.

Damn angron why you kill your brother!

"He was never my brother! My brothers...my brothers and sisters...DEEEAD! ALL DEAD! DEAD AT DE'SHELIKA RIDGE!"

Serious answer:

When Horus first encountered Alpharius, his fleet was fighting the Imperium.

If Angron and the World Eaters found a Primarch leading his people against the Imperial Army, I honestly think the Red Angel would see killing him with his family and friends instead of taking him alive to lead a Legion for the Emperor as doing right by him.

Edit @ Cormac:

The "Well, why erase all records of his Legion, then?" is a bit of a stumbling block, yes.

But censuring Angron to boot...eh, taking a fully grown Primarch prisoner, especially one that's in full war mode, is no easy task, even if you are the Emperor.

I think there's just enough shreds of doubt and "Well, maybe it wasn't all his fault" for Angron to slide on this, although it could well be what prompted Russ to stage an intervention.

Edit:

Sharrowkyned by Cormac

http://i.imgur.com/zfBTHuI.gif

Damn angron why you kill your brother!

"He was never my brother! My brothers...my brothers and sisters...DEEEAD! ALL DEAD! DEAD AT DE'SHELIKA RIDGE!"

Serious answer:

When Horus first encountered Alpharius, his fleet was fighting the Imperium.

If Angron and the World Eaters found a Primarch leading his people against the Imperial Army, I honestly think the Red Angel would see killing him with his family and friends instead of taking him alive to lead a Legion for the Emperor as doing right by him.

Edit @ Cormac:

The "Well, why erase all records of his Legion, then?" is a bit of a stumbling block, yes.

But censuring Angron to boot...eh, taking a fully grown Primarch prisoner, especially one that's in full war mode, is no easy task, even if you are the Emperor.

I think there's just enough shreds of doubt and "Well, maybe it wasn't all his fault" for Angron to slide on this, although it could well be what prompted Russ to stage an intervention.

For the first time ever I just wondered if Angron without the Nails would have been a "Bruce Banner" in contrast to ,with Nails, raging kill monster.

What I always thought after reading the First Heretic : if what remain of the two missing legion were included into the Ultramarine Legion , so perhaps we could have a look of what the missing legion should have look like just by watching one of the successor chapter of the Ultramarine.

Ok it should have happened a psychic erasement of the memory but who knows ...

(Again sorry for my poor english)

if what remain of the two missing legion were included into the Ultramarine Legion

It wasn't, though.

That was just some Word Bearers fooling around with a few conspiracy theories. "The Ultramarines couldn't have gotten that big by having efficient recruitment facilities, could they?" (...like the lore states.) Ironically, the Word Bearers are then described as ramping up their own recruitment for the rest of the Crusade to grow to nearly the size of the Ultramarines Legion themselves. So apparently it's not that difficult, is it?

So because it is a Word Bearer who say that it MUST be false ?

I don't say that it MUST be true either.

I was just searching for a different point of view on the matter of the lost primarch...

Nah, it "must" be false because the background since 2nd Editon has explained why the Ultramarines got so big. So on the one hand we have the Codex books telling us that the Ultramarines grew so large because they had an excellent recruitment system and suffered fewer casualties than the other Legions, and on the other hand we have an individual Marine without full knowledge of the events who makes a wild guess, coloured by his dislike for the Ultramarines Legion.

Ok so Legatus I suppose you work for Black Library ?

So what is the fate of the two missing primarchs ?

I ask because you don't notice that sometime the 40K background change...

(For a good reason or not , its a different matter)

Archived