first game with new codex!

Hello all,

I had my first game last night with the new Codex, 1000 pts sisters and 1000 eldar vs. 2000 points Raven Guard. My list:

cannoness with inferno pistol, blade of admonition

Sororitas command squad with laud hailer, hospitaller, 3 storm bolters, rhino

celestians with flamer, heavy flamer, rhino

2x 10 battle sisters with vet, flamer, melta gun, 1 with with simulacrum

Dominions with 2 melta, flamer, storm bolter, and vet with plasma pistol, immolator

5 seraphim, vet with plasma, 2w/ hand flamers.

Eldar was spiritseer, 2 wraithlords, 5 rangers, 2 5 strong wraithguard, 3 war walkers

Ravenguard was 2 lists, shrike, a captain, chaplain, assault squad, vanguard vets, 4 scout squads, landspeeder storm with 5 more scouts, 2 squads of scout bikers.

We rolled emperors will for mission, hammer and anvil for deployment.

Overall game went well, eldar tarpitted assault elements in the middle of the field while sisters burned most of the scouts. New aof rules were nice, but forgot about diagolus when i failed with seraphim and battle sisters. After eldar except war walkers were finally wiped i had repositioned entire sisters army near objective and hosed down shrike , chaplain, and vets with everything.

Loved the command squad, 3 storm bolters is a decent support fire at 1k.

Seraphim lost 1 to terrain, otherwise kept a unit of bikes locked and were able to hit and run to great effect

Cannoness did little, never got a great opportunity to assault, but celestians burned the better part of 2 bike squads.

battle sisters held the line,

Dominions rocked, outflanked and burned scouts, melta'd bikes, later finished off shrike and chaplain. I wasn''t sure about the value of ignore cover, but i can see where it has some nice uses.

I'm used to playing armies with a stronger assault element, but really enjoyed the close range shooting and toughness 3 was a solid reminder not to pile into the tarpit between the eldar and shrikes assault mob.

It's interesting to see someone use Celestians and the Command squad. From what I've understood/read/misread, most Sister players on here find them too expensive for what they do. I'm glad that someone makes good use of them :)

Lol, yep, ravenguard player said the same thing. Since the only living eldar unit left was the walkers, i think the girls had it covered:)

Cecestians are nice for the high threat, and they have potential to hit hard in an assault. Otherwise i'd have gone with more battle sisters, we never know what army is being played until everyone shows up.

My wife says that to me all the time... I'll get my coat :P

Glad you had fun, I'm going to try a command squad with all heavy flamers. I cannot see a good use for celestians, but I'm far from a tactical genius.

I think there's plenty of opportunity for Celestians to hit hard in combat. If they're attacking grots for example... :P

Command squads are good for access to special weaponry, even if that is Stormbolters which are probably a better option for them as they can't add more models to the unit (which is arguably the best way to add more bolter shots).

My celestians are back at the shrine guarding relics as befits the 2nd most elite unit of our order. For the command squad, i keep trying to like them. They have 4 heavy flamers!! and feel no pain!! They end up being ablative wounds for my mantled cannoness, but boy due they draw the fire. "wait how many templates do you have in that squad?....no sorry i can let that exist"

Hitting hard in relation to sisters. If my opponent were Tau, little nids, Guard, they could lay down some smack with base attacks and furious charge. Not looking for them to wipe vanguard vets, yeesh!

I may try them as standard battle sisters next time, want to find a way to add uriah to the army, but liked the flex i had.

Hitting hard in relation to sisters. If my opponent were Tau, little nids, Guard, they could lay down some smack with base attacks and furious charge. Not looking for them to wipe vanguard vets, yeesh!

I may try them as standard battle sisters next time, want to find a way to add uriah to the army, but liked the flex i had.

Yes but your basic battle sisters can do that almost as good for cheaper and still have scoring.

My celestians are back at the shrine guarding relics as befits the 2nd most elite unit of our order. For the command squad, i keep trying to like them. They have 4 heavy flamers!! and feel no pain!! They end up being ablative wounds for my mantled cannoness, but boy due they draw the fire. "wait how many templates do you have in that squad?....no sorry i can let that exist"

Which is pretty awesome for you if you know they must kill it! You can make it awkward and run some other nasty stuff alongside like Penitent engines and you're laughing!

That sounds pretty hilarious, might even have to try it myself :lol:

I'm running a command squad with 5 heavy flamers. My only debate is replacing one with a hospitaller. I find I keep running into str 6 (probably because my friend plays eldar) so the FNP never pans out

I'm running a command squad with 5 heavy flamers. My only debate is replacing one with a hospitaller. I find I keep running into str 6 (probably because my friend plays eldar) so the FNP never pans out

Yeah i have her only to save bodies when the repressor blows up and that first ound of fire. She sometimes saves someone and i do a celebration danc (literally) but mostly its cuz i only gots 4 heavy flamers

Archived