Dark Angels Chapter - Templates to Fill

rustydumpty

I'd like to start some kind of datasheets for building a whole chapter of Dark Angels; I'm looking forward to define the chapter so I can map my current minis to each squad in the force org. chart. And also plan future shopping...

Does anyone have some kind of tool/templates/examples that I could re-use in order to build the lists? Other than Excel, of course (or maybe someone has a COOL excel template for this).

Thank you guys!

Do you mean like the one that's in the codex that specifically maps how many squads and of what designation are in each chapter?  

I really can't think of anything (outside of an excel spreadsheet) other than maybe suggest looking for some sort of employee/personel management software.

• 2 weeks later...

the thing that confuses me with the chart in the codex is that it only really explains the core units. Where do Company Veterans fit in for example, do they count towards the number of Tactical Squads? If not then the numbers for each company could start to get a bit high.

Then there's the vehicles for each, I think it's specified that all squads have transports but not the numbers of Land Raiders, Rhinos, and most annoyingly, Razorbacks.

Then the non-transport vehicles obviously need crew which, combined with the above, could really send the number of marines per company way over 100. I know DA are supposed to be a bit sneaky with how many marines they actually have but I always thought that mostly applied to the RW and DW having "undisclosed numbers". It seems like if almost all of their companies are breaking these rules that they really couldn't get away with it so easily. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, seems that noone knows.

My idea is to have some sort of 'template' for each squad. Then with some sort of 'Chapter overviwew' as in the Codex I can make some documentation for my chapter.

I'll wait some more time...

DiscipleOfClaiban - the previous codex's Chapter org page may have explained it a little better actually (if you can get a hold of that). I believe it is understood that the "100 marines per company" is referring to the rank and file marines - and I would say this is for ANY chapter that follows the codex.

Vehicle crews and officers (like a Co. Master and his command squad, Chaplain, etc.) would have the company exceed that 100 number. Some vehicles would technically come from the armory, like Land Raiders, and Thunderhawks for instance are part of the Chapter Fleet and assigned accordingly.

You also see Rhino crew members with the red of the Mechanicum (and associated icons), eluding to the fact that they may in fact be Techmarines of some level - perhaps also attached to a battle co. from the Armory, despite whether the rhino itself "belongs" to a company or not. In addition, I just read someone post online that the previous codex states that crews for battle company vehicles may actually be pulled from the 6-8th Reserve Companies (perhaps this is a first step into becoming a member of a Battle Company?). I would have to verify that though.

In the end, I don't believe the 10th Co. counts towards that 1000 marines per Chapter "limit" anyway, as they are not full marines - so that gives the entire Chapter some leeway. I'd say it's never an exact number and every chapter may have more or less at one point or another. Obviously, marines die, the numbers would always be in flux - scouts becoming full marines, reserve company marines moving up to the battle companies, etc.

Where do Company Veterans fit in for example, do they count towards the number of Tactical Squads? If not then the numbers for each company could start to get a bit high.

In theory, yes. They are noted as being formed on an ad hoc basis from the Company's veterans. So when the need arises, they pull from other squads (I do not think they would be limited to pulling from only tacticals though) but the formation itself would fit there I suppose.

-------------------------

OP - maybe this is somewhat helpful - http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/244625-dark-angels-3rd-company/

It sound as though you may have to come up with your own custom chart to do what you want to do.

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you're asking for but I have a .ods (OpenOffice spreadsheet, compatible with Excel but I'd recommend you get OpenOffice because it's free and better) of my planned Dark Angels Apoc. army which is broken down company by company and which can easily be expanded into a full Chapter list with pasted links to your merchant of choice and price, so you can see how mu8ch it's going to run you. 

Honestly, I took the Price column out of mine because the figure was so large it just seemed completely unachievable and was somewhat off-putting.

Archived