Knight titan - help on paintscheme

marvmoogy

Hi all, 

I was the very fortunate receiver of a Knight Titan this morning as a very lovely birthday present!  The only problem is, I have no idea how to build this guy up!

I'm going to go with the magnetised weapon options to get the most out of the kit, but have 3 or 4 armies I could ally him with:

Dark Angels (I have greenwing, deathwing and ravenwing)

Eldar (Ulthwé paint scheme)

Crimson Fists

Deathwatch

As you can see, with the exception of the Deathwing, they are all dark paint schemes.  As such, I was hoping for something with a decent splash of colour but a colour that would fit in with the above armies.  

Oh, and I'm not a fan of the red ones in WD weekly!

So, over to the trusted B&C community.  How would you paint him up and why?

Cheers all!

Well, how about this way of thinking about it - picture a car you really, really like. Mustang, Aston Martin, Ferrari, whatever. What colour would you prefer it to be, ideally? Now, 40-ify it. Add skulls, aquilas, lightning or hazard striping. Tweak it. Voila.

I hope that makes at least some sense. ^_^

Loving the car analogy....but I worked in the autotrade for 5 years.....get bored of them now :P

The point still stands though.....but I like subtle cars haha!

Just had a look through my Eldar codex....quite like the paint scheme on the Yme-Loc Hemlock Wraithfighter on page 88.....black, white, silver and orange.  Sounds bad, but looks ok!

When mine arrives, it's going to be something like this:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/50453f8ed802b2b918927e9486515271/tumblr_n2kox703gk1qd9z3no1_500.jpg

I've always wanted to paint up a quartered paint scheme!

I'd suggest making ypurs a freeblade to explain how it will be allied to all your different armies.

My colour suggestion for your Knight would be purple, it will match well with green, bone and black.

WotF.

Edited by WingsOfTheFalcon

PAINT HIM ORANGE AND NAME HIM JACK. ADORABLE.

*cough* I mean... I painted mine to contrast my SM armies which are black, green and grey. So mine is bone, red and gold. The second WD that had knights also had more houses and freeblades for reference. If the companion didn't cost almost as much as the model I would say get that ha.

This is mine so far, still wip.

the battlecannon is magnetise and i'm scratchbuilding the main frame of the weapon for the melta. Used a light scheme for main color to fit with my various armies.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p230/warspirit21warspirit/IMG_3727_zpsd826726f.jpg

Edited by WarSpirit

Love the purple!!!  But, it is a little too much 'Emperor's Children' for my liking...

Looking at my current work load, I think it will be quite a while before I get this one built :(

Need to get my head around the electronics first!!