Art in progress, Space Wolves

• 2 weeks later...

This is awesome. You basically created the mental picture (x1000 degrees of awesome-ness) that got me into 40k and Space Wolves back in '98.

Hah, well, hopefully it inspires!

>Dang, that's awesome. He looks a bit like Ragnar from the Vikings tv show.

Very cool, dude.

Yeah, it's not supposed to look like him, but as mentioned, season 2 is on and so might come across in these..

Pure awesomeness. Glad to see your work on here again.

Thanks, I feel like I have neglected some B&C stuff.. Deadlines are harsh..

Is it bad that my mouth is dry and my palms are sweaty?

Stunning visuals, as always, Colrouphobic. You really know how to bring characters to life. smile.png

Depends, are you going to lay hands on me? Otherwis its all ok!

Cheers!

It Looks like an older version of a Biker buddy of mine if he was still alive just plain weird man . But anyway Can't wait to see the rest of the pack.

Well, hopefully it is feeling a little honorary then. Funny how it's a Biker buddy of yours though. I had two things in my head (and ears, listening to soundtracks as I paint): Vikings and Sons of Anarchy...

Your "doodling" is magnificient! Teeeeeeaaach me msn-wink.gif

What would you like to know?

On my webpage/Blog there are some tutorial posts -

www.studiocolrouphobia.net

You can also check our FB page out for updates of the blog (sporadic right now)

https://www.facebook.com/StudioColrouphobia

Not much of teachings there, but if you have anyting specific I might look into it (once the harsh deadlines end).

Well done! Really like the face, and the armour looks fantastic. One criticism tho. The shield looks like it's mounted on his elbow, not the forearm. Keep it up, can't wait to see more!

-Tarvik

Yeah, it's the size of it rather then the positioning, but will keep it in mind smile.png

These are going to be Heresy-era characters...

I checked your webpage, really cool stuff!

What I would like to know is: how do you approach and start a project? Even if it's just a doodle. Do you do some line work first, or do you blotch in general shapes n forms first? Do you work with your brush setting on different opacities or do you go 100% most of the time? I ususally have trouble with the first steps, from scetch to colouring so I'd like to know how you do it. =)

Your "doodling" is magnificient! Teeeeeeaaach me msn-wink.gif

What would you like to know?

On my webpage/Blog there are some tutorial posts -

www.studiocolrouphobia.net

You can also check our FB page out for updates of the blog (sporadic right now)

https://www.facebook.com/StudioColrouphobia

Not much of teachings there, but if you have anyting specific I might look into it (once the harsh deadlines end)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the hiatus,

No updates unfortunately.

Brutus,

I approach it differently. Someimes I do linedrawings, sometimes I block in shapes and sometimes I do photobashing.

Essentially its taking loads of photos, put themin photoshop on different layers, set the layerstyles to various different types and flip/resize/reshape them to get interesting shapes. On Our Blog you can find a walkthrough of how I made the Arbaal painting with the usage of Photobashing.

Lately I tend to sketch it out on paper, scan and then do a very light shading, to get a basic look with as many details as possible and the lighting correct, and then just paint it in.

Just so you know, I'm planning  on having around 40 of these guys in my PH army, so don't get too comfortable, you have a lot of work to do. I need another 37 images. :P

I really like how Hagal turned out. I think what I really appreciate about your efforts is how you seem to have captured the image of the Wolves being both fierce and majestic without having  to resort to a lot of "RAWR, I'M A BIG ANGRY DOG DUDE!". If anything, they are very reserved, yet no less threatening as it appears that they are prepared to deliver great violence in the fraction of a second.

I know you have a lot of other things taking up your time, but it would be very interesting to see your characterization of a Carcharadon, simply because they too possess a similar, yet different kind of quietness, still capable of unleashing unrestrained brutality at a moments notice.

<whispers> doodle a wolf lord in terminator armor...  ;)

Archived