Imperial fists/Black templar crusade project

Fullbrook

I have just begun a a crusade made up of imperial fists and black Templars, this project will primarily be about making every model unique and fluffy not necessarily 'legal' in game terms. As I am an extremely slow painter and with all of the models being built one at a time this project will be a long one! I have completed my tester model and am very pleased with how it has turned out hopefully the next one will be finished  Next week......

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q538/fullbrook3/if/20140313_142049_HDR-1.jpg

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q538/fullbrook3/if/20140313_142019_HDR-1.jpg

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q538/fullbrook3/if/20140313_142117_HDR-1.jpg

I love your yellow, how did you do it?

As an aside, if you really want to do a crusade, you should have come over to our side. We'd gladly welcome you as a brother. This lot you're with now are a little less adventurous from our perspective. :P

<holds hands up> Brothers, I keed, I keed

Holy Terra, that's epic! I'm a big fan of the details like the spent bolt-casings!

As an aside, if you really want to do a crusade, you should have come over to our side. We'd gladly welcome you as a brother. This lot you're with now are a little less adventurous from our perspective. tongue.png

He's not actually 'keedding' about the first bit ;)

Excellent first test piece. I really like the weathering on the feet, and the nice long purity seals. Great start to the crusade. The Knightly Campaign badge is also a nice feature. Not many marines these days still use the campaign badges anymore.

Looking very good fella, I've dipped into the thought of doing mixed squads with mixed members from the 3 main Dorn chapters.

Thank you, I plan on starting off with a mixed kill team type squad and then when I have more I'll split them into their respective chapters.

I love your yellow, how did you do it?

As an aside, if you really want to do a crusade, you should have come over to our side. We'd gladly welcome you as a brother. This lot you're with now are a little less adventurous from our perspective. tongue.png

I am using the Vallejo model air paints starting with a white Barclay followed by dark yellow, yellow ochre then medium yellow. I am then using somewhere to highlight.

I did consider posting on the black templar forum but I plan on having more imperial fists than Templars at the end, this could change though!

Holy Terra, that's epic! I'm a big fan of the details like the spent bolt-casings!

He's not actually 'keedding' about the first bit msn-wink.gif

Thank you they were really easy and quick to do, I just rolled up some spare green stuff at the end and clipped them to the right size. All together probably took two minutes!

Very lovely!

Great model!

Excellent Imperial Fist.

Thank you guys, always good for the motivation to have positive comments.

Excellent first test piece. I really like the weathering on the feet, and the nice long purity seals. Great start to the crusade. The Knightly Campaign badge is also a nice feature. Not many marines these days still use the campaign badges anymore.

The campaign badge will be the templar cross for the fists and a fist for the Templars. This I stole from the declared crusade where the Templars and crimson fists exchanged iconography in a show of brotherly love. I can't see why more people don't use them imo the look really cool!

I have virtually finished the next marine, a chainsword templar but am just waiting for some paints to arrive!

• 4 weeks later...

Some great looking Templars there. I like the gold wing-bits. Really tears the models away from their Ravenwing-origins. Keep this up, it's a really cool project! thumbsup.gif

Archived