Heavy Flamers! A Sisters best friend!

Da Taz

OK, people cool down. Mori, can you please try to use less confrontational language? For example, rather than 'fail', perhaps... um. 'weak'?

March, a discussion is not a battle. Attack is not the best form of defence. Mori is allowed to disagree with you. You do not need to respond to every question with an accusation of rage and hate.

When he says "fail" three times in the first paragraph, and then fails chooses not to support his arguments, I think I assessed his post pretty well...

/edit/

And "weak" isn't any better. How about "I disagree, and here's why:"

/edit/ Question? I saw no questions in his flames. All I saw was "yer an idiot for not getting on the netlist bandwagon," and the closest he came to saying why I'm an idiot is a vague reference to how fielding multiple immolators causes target priority issues.

It's not my usual jurisdiction here but whilst waiting for the appropriate mod to get here I'm going to say let's just cool it for a while. It's obvious Miko was saying "phrase you response appropriately and with consideration" rather than just use a different word like "weak".

Now, back on the subject of heavy flamers....

What do people think is the best delivery method for them vs tau? Because nothing chews through firewarriors quicker than a heavy flamer, but Rhinos are a bit under amored against S5 weapons.

+1. Seraphim would probably be your best delivery system...however, interceptor fire could cause major issues depending on your type of tau opponent. Could use servo skulls and an inquisitor in terminator armor to sweeten the pot...points start skyrocketing though.

March: You keep mentioning that immolators are much more expensive then rhino's. Are you looking at the old point costs? They adjusted them in the last codex. It's just a rhino hull + cost of a TL-MM. Do you just think it's expensive to pay 20 points for a TL-MM? (Just trying to see your line of reasoning here).

Repressors might work here, although I wouldn't take them in an all-comers list due to their expense and the distaste that some opponents might have for FW stuff.

/edit/ actually, if I were going to reach into the FW kit bag, avenger strike fighters (with chaff and missile launchers) seem like they'd do well against tau. Most tau units with skyfire don't do well when you throw avengers at them...

I think we all look at Repressors and go "why not in the main Codex!"

It's a good bit of advice considering the option for FW in games has expanded. If it's in your area's jurisdiction then go for them. Depends on your gaming group and local tournaments of course.

What do people think is the best delivery method for them vs tau? Because nothing chews through firewarriors quicker than a heavy flamer, but Rhinos are a bit under amored against S5 weapons.

I prefer to use a Repressor since it has a heavy flamer of its own.

I prefer the Repressor myself. Immolators are nice, but fragile. Repressors are very expensive points wise though. >< Worth it, but sometimes hard to justify, especially when I can only carry two vehicles with me and immolator turrets are a lot more portable than repressor dozers.

That and, well, I don't face many Tau. :( Most of the people I go against play some flavour of Marine.

Yeah, that's no fun.   I've lived in places where it was a 'rine-fest.  All T4 3+, all the time.  Boooooring!  I'm pretty happy with my meta now, it's only about 40% marines, with nids, orks, eldar, DE, IG, tau, pretty much everything except chaos daemons represented.  

and every time a repressor dies at least that's a not dead exorcist.  

and every time a repressor dies at least that's a not dead exorcist.

The same could be said of rhinos, for half the points tongue.png

/edit/ ...assuming that the weapon that killed the rhino was at least S7, of course!

id have to say that the repressor is the best option imo. I run 1 with a command Hflamer squad and chuck it straight at the enemy line. I flank it with 2 rhinos. If i had my choice id run with as amny more as points allow but b/c is it forge world i have a golden rule, I only use/ want to play against forge world if I/my opponent has the model or has a decent conversion. It is an effort in cost or time to devote to such models and thier rules so im ok with it but not when my opponent says these rhino boxes are xxx vehicle preeze. I only have one converted repressor, but i oh so want some more.

Archived