Future Battles

bluepillredpill

Well it seems to be that I will have a game where I will have the opportunity to field 6k worth of the 1st legion.

My mind just boggles and the possibilities open to me, essentially looking at triple FOC.

Plan is that I will be defending a central location of a battlefield whilst four opposing forces come in from the four sides/corners with a view of shifting me from the primary whilst we have hidden secondary objectives to secure/carry out.

I'm thinking tacticals and ravenwing will begin deployed whilst the majority of the deathwing are held in reserve with some drop pods.

where to start, what to take, how to approach the game 

Would love to see what others things of such a large daunting battle

You could go themed with one FOC greenwing, another Ravenwing and the final one DW.

Will you take some super heavies - that would open up the options for Fellblades, etc.

You might also like Vindies. Since you're defending you know they will get within 24" at some point. A few "this pie plates for you" shots and they will a least be hurting if nothing else. I'd also recommend some long range anti tank etc if you can get them out of the tin cans and walking early you can pick the ones closest and focus fire them down. Plus I'm not sure how you feel about them but I love four plasma cannon dev's. Makes any infantry cry for me. Nice cheap libby to give Divination where and when you please and death will rain from the DA.

DoC

Archived