1K vs Dark Eldar

How many venoms/ravagers could they bring? Those guys will ruin your day, big time.

One of my main opponents plays a venom spam DE list. If you don't have ways to knock the venoms out of the sky, you'll never get into HtH.

So what does your opponent like to bring?

If you want to go Assault with him then you could go multiple directions...

Drop Pod

Use Stalkers, 2 if the points allow, whirlwind and Ironclads, the rest could come in drop pods turn 2 but the main idea is:

take out transports, burn contents with either Ironclads and whirlwinds. If he spams then reduce the number of things with poison weapons so that when your

Crusaders arrive, they will have less things shooting at them before getting to assault.

Mechanised

Use Stalker or Hunter, Land Speeder Typhoons, and if the points allow, Lad Raider.

Stalker or Hunter and Land Speeders kill any target threatening the Land Raider and Land Raider kills anything in its way... Stormraven/Rhinos could work with similar tactics too.

Black Tide

Use Stalker or Hunter (because DE ALWAYS have skimmers :p) Whirlwinds and/or Thunderfire Cannon and Sniper Scouts.

The idea is to blow up the enemy transports, and keep the infantry pinned/slowed down with Whirlwinds, Thunderfires and Sniper Scouts. Keep moving the infantry blobs moving forward and try to get to Assault

Shouldn't Talons rip them a new one as well? I don't have any Talons, so I used my Storm Ravens and Typhoons to go after his Venoms and he  was not  pleased. :) So it seems like flyers can wreak a lot of havoc with the paper thin skimmers they usually have.

Anyway, if you take out his transport, then the meat on the table is not going to be happy with you charging in on him.

1k list, vs Dark Eldars.

TAKE DAKKA CENTURIONS =D

And laugh at the 27 rerollable dice at 12", each able to kill the transport.

for 190pts, 3men squad of Devastator Centurions with TL HB and Hurricane Bolter as Mobile Fireline.

Then take one 20men Crusader squad, with Bolters and 1 Heavy Bolter. (10 Initiate and 10 Neophytes)

Considere taking an Aegis with a Quad-Gun, that could be cool.

5men Neophytes sniper squad is also usefull, join a Master of the Forge to them and place them on the Aegis.

If you got a Stalker, it could worth taking it, S7 AP4 Heavy4, Twin-Linked, Skyfire. Could shot on two Different target, but loose Twin-Linked so focus on one single target.

Don't let any CC squad reach you, kill them before.

I discovered that archons/Incubi are nasty up close, but they rarely have much to shoot at you. Just cripple transports ASAP and then let your guns do the rest. They have a lot of access to ap2 I think, Husk blades or something that stike at initiative, so don't let then reach anything in CC that isn't packing inlvuns.

ADL with quad gun, two stormtalons, squad of neophytes with heavy bolter, biker Castellan, and a couple of biker squads should handle DE I think. Drop their skimmers with ADL and talnos, destroy what's remaining with bikers and hellfire shells. Talons and ADL can deal with any DE vehicle, including their flyer, you won't be outmaneuvered or outgunned, since everything in your army will have good cover save and enough mobility.

Archived