Multiple choices for 1000pts for Zone Mortalis

badgermeister

Hi Folks

Im looking to reduce my 40k down and just focus on my 30k range as its far more stimulating and the outcomes to games matter significantly more to me.

I have some glorious terrain courtesy of forgeworld and im looking at building a few multiple 1k lists for zone mortalis to represent Calth and some of the epic engagements that happened at the Phaal system.

I have a 1k WB force that resembles

Diabolist - tainted weapon, dark channeling (goes with despoilers)

Chaplain

15 x despoilers + 1 x power fist

10 x breachers + 2 x grav guns

5 x Gal Vorbak (inc dark marytr with 2 x lightning claws)

I think i may have thrown a melta bomb in somewhere but thats where its stands for now as im happy.

Im looking at another 1k force and wondered what you\d recommend.  Im looking towards Iron warriors and/or Fists so a 500/600pt start would leave room for specials to come.

Whats the thoughts on getting contemptors in ?

Heavy grav cannons worth it?

so,

looking at the Night Lords last night i came up with

Sevatar

Terminator squad - all with pairs of lightning claws and ability to deepstrike (they dont scatter if DS within 6" of Sevatar)

Legion Tac Squad (15)

Terror Squad (5) 4 x Hvy Chainsword 1 x Chainglaive

Terror Squad (5) 1 x Power fist

The large squad will try to hold the large shuttle area ive made with my board whilst Sevatar accompanies a terror squad to get close to the enemies HQ before DSing in the termies for a sushi lunch.

May struggle against contemptors and ad mech though as they are pretty tough and tend to throw down a lot of fire before you get close with reaction fire rules.

Archived