475th Numerican

march10k

So IG were my first army...and B&C was my first forum.  I started back in 1998 (with the army, not the forum).  In those days, not being the best painter, I was using a mix of citadel and testors (gasp!), and this is what the result looked like:

13368163704_03b357d1db.jpg

If you look closely, you'll see that the sentinel's lascannon is a greenstuffed multilaser.

After about 2001, having picked up DA, and then SoB and Tau, I kind of let my guardsmen collect dust...not least because my painting had improved, and I was daunted by the task of repainting them.  Eventually, about three years ago, I made a start.  Mainly, that was for the purpose of inducting some into my sisters, which included posting pics (only of the newly painted ones) here...which B&C promptly removed because they didn't have boltguns (even though they were clearly in a sisters folder, marked as inducted, but whatever).

Shortly before the current codex (about to be the "old" codex) dropped, I built them back up in their own right and bought them a fleet of chimeras (nine of them), and built a mechanized infantry company of two infantry platoons supported by three tanks (then, that was the absolute maximum allowed!).  Insanely, the chimera and troops points drop allowed not only a fourth tank, but with some points-juggling, a couple of hellhounds, as well

In the process, I repainted 75 of my 223 metal cadians... (actually, only about 120 of them had been painted in the first place) to look like this:

13368190564_640f049cdb.jpg

13367801085_d99a0c7b9c.jpg

13367949413_eeb9976ae6.jpg

13368197654_4fa5fbc893.jpg

Now we're about to get another codex.  After Adepticon, I'll put my deathwing away for awhile, and work up a new list with the new codex in preparation for the Midwest Massacre.  Without knowing what's in the codex, I am leaning towards a dismounted infantry army supported by a few tanks and maybe, if the rumored air superiority fighter is true and it's not a heavy choice, a flier (or two, if they're cheap).  Since they're making new stormtrooper models, I'm hoping they'll actually be worth fielding...in anticipation of that, and not being impressed with the new models, I went ahead and ordered two kasrkin squads (unlike many, I like them better than the astronaut stormtroopers), complete with four blisters of melta/plasma.  That'll give me two squads worth of melta and plasma, and one squad's worth of flamers and grenade launchers each, for plenty of options.  

So...when those get here, I guess this becomes a painting blog, (probably for repainting more bog stock infantry, as well) as well as a place to talk about my thoughts on the codex.

Archived