1000 Point list

byrdja0

Could use some help on an all comers army list at about the 1000 pt mark. 

Current models are : 

• 3 battleforces 
  • 1 extra sentinel
  • 3 chimeras
  • 2 valk/vendettas
  • 3 leman russ chassis

Current opponents at my local gaming store is : 

• Foot tau. Full pathfinder/markerlight unit and Riptide. Has kroot and hounds in reserve. Expect 2nd riptide at higher points. 
  • Foot necrons. Has destroyer lord with wraith bubble for his hq
  • Raven Guard bikers. Melta bikes with black knights, Shroud and Sable Claw. 
  • Ultra Marines. 

I'm a new player and could use all the help i can get. If there are other models that I need to get, please feel free to suggest them. 

Thanks in advance. 

Jason. 

Welcome to the Guard and B&C! :D Looks like your meta is pretty varied, so what you're probably going to need is a more balanced list that focuses on Guard's strengths. For the record that is numbers and fire power! You have quite a few troopers to make use of which is good, but you might need to consider more for higher points as your opponents are more on the elite side of the spectrum so you could snatch a lead by going all out with numbers. Don't forget your opponents will be planning to cover each other as well, so by breaking the theme of the meta you could cause some nice upset.

So my recommendation is to make the most of the Platoon structure. Cheap infantry squads can provide quite a bit of fire power, especially heavy weapons. You could blob the squads for some extra protection and resilience too. What Russ chassis do you have? The standard or Demolisher tank? Hellhounds are quite well armoured and nippy, they could get in and burn a lot of Tau and Necrons with their fearsome cannon leaving other units to focus on the big hitters.

What are your Sentinels set up as? Scout Sentinels can outflank and make a nuisance of themselves which can make a big impact. It's going to take a bit of time of course to get to grips with the army, especially as there's a new codex on the horizon but this could be a good opportunity to familiarise yourself with the army before getting your teeth into the new codex.

I prefer "beardy", uttering the sacred word cheese in anything approaching a negative light is heresy of the highest order :lol:

That's what I was thinking with the Hellhounds, if they can race forward to unleash the promethium then the airborne Vets can hopefully be more than a one shot deployment. Also all those 4+ saves to burn through! Vendettas would be a pretty good answer to a lot of the potential problems you'd face but they'll likely get pummelled somehow in the new codex - not entirely undeserved but something to keep in mind.

What special and heavy weapons are your troops equipped with?

I have found that at lower point levels, platoons are the way to go as you can outnumber most armies. Special weapons choices would vary between marines and non-3+ saves. Vs tau, mortars seem solid as do Heavy bolters. Against biker list, autocannons. Heavy Bolters and Autocannons vs nectrons depending on vehicle choices. Autocannon sentinels are your friends with outflank. Lastly, consider Leman Russ Exterminator with Pask for some big time killing power.

To WarriorFish: 

Wanted to answer you and give you a more detailed setup on my models. Two of the battleforces had just come in the mail as well as the valk/vendettas. So i tore apart my tacklebox and here's what i currently have set up and painted. 

Currently together

• 7 dwarf thunderers that i have been using at ratling snipers. 
  • 4 Plasma troops
  • 3 magnetized hw bases. 1 extra missle launcher base
  • 3 melta troops
  • 3 flamer troops
  • 3 gl troops
  • 1 troop with banner
  • 1 medic
  • 3 las troops with vox
  • 2 sgts. 1 cc commander
  • 19 regular troops. 

Current Armor

• 2 scout sentinels magnetized. 
  • 1 armored sentinel with plasma cannon
  • 3 magnetized chimeras
  • 3 leman russes. I regular, 1 magnetized with cannon/punisher cannon, 1 vanquisher

Still to put together/paint

• 2 Valk/vendetta
  • 2 battleforces
  • 6 heavy weapons-plan to magnetize
  • 50 troop bodies-arms currently unattached. 
  • 2 sentinels-plan to magnetize

That's everything i own at the minute. Kinda holding out on the new codex before i buy any more models. I think my store is going to stick around 1000 points for a while. 

Thanks again for all the input so far. 

Jason. 

Archived