Knight Lancer model from Forge World

Mine look nothing like those, although all of my Epic Knights are from the original release. Paladins in plastic, pewter Errants, Lancers, Crusaders, Wardens, and Barons. Crusaders and Wardens were slightly smaller than Paladins, but wider and heavier. Errants and Lancers were the same size as Paladins. Barons were the size of Warhounds.

The picture you posted above was from a later release, and those Knights are hideous abominations.

SJ

The aesthetics are opinion based and irrelevant. The point was to show that there is precedent for lancers to be considerably taller and skinnier than your average knight.

Also, I did a quick google search and couldn't find any alternative lancers aside from the ones in the above picture. If you have a picture of one I'd love to see it. I have a fascination with older models, it's like seeing history before my eyes :)

Edited by BassWave

Mine look nothing like those, although all of my Epic Knights are from the original release. Paladins in plastic, pewter Errants, Lancers, Crusaders, Wardens, and Barons. Crusaders and Wardens were slightly smaller than Paladins, but wider and heavier. Errants and Lancers were the same size as Paladins. Barons were the size of Warhounds.

The picture you posted above was from a later release, and those Knights are hideous abominations.

SJ

That was the rerelease of Adeptus Titanicus.  The Knight pictures posted are from an earlier era... Your Errants etc will be white Metal not pewter.

And Jes designed them so can't be all bad (I like the pickelhaub helmet..)

I remember Adeptus Titanicus / Space Marine 1st ed and I own both Space Marine and Titan Legions. AT was the original game, and those knights pictured were created fro that game.  Titan Legions with the later Epic design which inspired the current batch of 40K Knights was much later even than Space Marine 2nd ed.

Hence the knights from the White Dwarf catalogue page listed above are the original knights, tehre were also a tonne of Eldar Knight models which IMHO looked awesome, and were never actually redone, and have played the direct inspiration for the Wraithknight, whilst also inspiring the design of the Revenant, which previously was a pod on legs rather than something resembling a either teh Knights or thr Phantom Titan.

The Lancer Knight its a new great unit to me, i dont know if can be used in stardar plays but im think yes, the desing of the body is awesome, and the spear will broke me in fear if im not controlling that knight ( looks like a hibrid between a spear and a giant head of a mace to me), the only thing i dont like so much is the head, i preffer a more medival looks, but nothing cannot  be change spending time and some skills on the model.

I dont understand why they cant cover their giant and metalic ass whit the ion shield when the little brothers can, probably to make more like the original fluff of lancers ( fasters but weakers ) but for the Emperor looks that giant shield emisor of the hand!, in any case a 5++ in close combat is better than nothing and equlibrates the ausense of rear ion protection, few units can macht this beast en combat, i think its a good save in any case for a good model.